New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Red, why don't you look at the Nissan Xterra. It is in the same level as Rav4 and CRV pero it is way bigger and much bigger engine with more power [220hp yata]. It is almost full size. Best time to buy really is Sept to December dahil clearance na halos ng mga year's models dahil lalabas na the ones for the following year.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Macky

'Real' SUV ba??!! Since nabanggit mo na you chose an SUV primarily because of its all-weather capability (aka 4WD), I am assuming na bandang taas ka sa US right?

yup specifically Maryland with occassional (more like 1-2x/month) side trip to NYC and NewJersey.

Since you are planning to keep your car for an unusually longer period of time

5 -7 yrs long period na ba sa US :confused: , kasi alam mo naman dito sa atin sa Pinas SARIWA pa ang tsikot pag ganyang mga idad. :hiya:

So how long ba usually bago ibenta mga tsikot diyan :hiya:

The Sorento and Freelander (S styles starts at about $24K with proper haggling) are also nice but their reliability and resale value are still suspects.
    Exactly, reliability ranks very high on my priority list kaya medyo dun ako sa mga proven badges tumitingin. :bwahaha:

:thanx:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    errr real SUV what I meant as a real SUV e yung mga tipong X5 at XC90 0 Touareg (can't afford pa ito sa ngayon, maybe 3-4 yrs as a 2nd vehicle). ayaw ko po nung mga Trucks he he he.

sawa na nga ako sa ride ko dito sa Pinas na STIFF :ouch: yung suspension kaya more car like ride yung mga tipo ko.

Honestly guys what's your opinion with SUBARUS more specifically the Forester XT.

my other brother had one a 2001 model X (yata) pero he already sold it all praises siya dito e kaya medyo na interested din ako sa ganitong model brand.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    In terms of mileage, I usually get 20mpg (8.5km/l) in city and up to 25mpg (10.625km/l) in highway driving which is exemptional compared to other 4WDs [Macky]

Macky,

Okei tlaga yung CRV dyan ah.....ang tipid, my 9 months old V can't even touch the double figure milage/L kilometer pala..Is it just because of Hi-ways there compare to hi-ways here? or dun sa Power to weight ratio? The best i could have on my V hi-way driving without the traffic is at 9.4km/L and city * 7.2km/L worst na yung 6.1km/L...

Jiggs:confused:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Rediesel
    Exactly, reliability ranks very high on my priority list kaya medyo dun ako sa mga proven badges tumitingin. :bwahaha:

Red,
    It might just be me and everybody else in my small circle of friends but the average time myself and those I know keep their cars is within the warranty coverage which is usually between 3 and 4 years. Now Hyundai is an entirely different story. The main reason behind this is that mahal ang non-warranty repair work sa casa. Repair costs varies from $75 to $90 per hour sa casa. My other car has a leak and a local Toyota dealership estimates the cost of repair to be more than $1K which is more than 30% of the car's worth. Instead of having it done, check ko na lang yung oil level everyother day. Would trade in the car by year's end anyway. Yung iba 5 years ang length of ownership and kaya naman natagalan is because they really waited until they can afford the car they really want/need or they wanted to pay the car in full (if borrowed from a financial institution) before selling it.

I test drove a Subaru Forester before I settled with the MDX back in '01. Our main gripes are its almost non-existent rear seats, limited cargo space and some ergonomics and build issues (cup holders are about to break on the one I drove). Aside from those, we were satisfied on the way the Forester performed on road. It can become pricey though if you choose the higher end (which I recomend :D The moonroof is huge, the leather seats comfy, and the sounds a lot better than the standard system - also have an in-dash 6-CD changer to boot). I haven't driven the new XT model but if hearsays and mag info are to be taken into consideration, the XT is one hell of a car (supposedly can out run the WRX - right Karding?).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Jiggs

Macky,

Okei tlaga yung CRV dyan ah.....ang tipid, my 9 months old V can't even touch the double figure milage/L kilometer pala..Is it just because of Hi-ways there compare to hi-ways here? or dun sa Power to weight ratio? The best i could have on my V hi-way driving without the traffic is at 9.4km/L and city * 7.2km/L worst na yung 6.1km/L...

Jiggs:confused:
    You're right. Traffic should be taken into consideration. Although the CR-Vs here have a 2.4L engine and RT4WD, mas mabilis ang traffic dito compared dyan sa atin. I remember before, sinundo ko yung anak ko sa school and it was raining for 3 consecutive days. Karamihan sa mga walkers suddenly was picked up by their parents kaya humaba yung pila. I was in line for an average of about 30 minutes lang per day for 3 days and my mileage shoot up to 18mpg (7.65Km/L) :confused:

Since you're a fellow CR-V owner, have you noticed how the CR-V quickly consumes its coolant fluid? I was told it was normal but I just worry driving my CR-V without any or with a minimum level of coolant fluids for an extended period of time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Rediesel
    errr real SUV what I meant as a real SUV e yung mga tipong X5 at XC90 0 Touareg (can't afford pa ito sa ngayon, maybe 3-4 yrs as a 2nd vehicle). ayaw ko po nung mga Trucks he he he.

sawa na nga ako sa ride ko dito sa Pinas na STIFF :ouch: yung suspension kaya more car like ride yung mga tipo ko.

Sa haba at laki ng mga kalsada dito sa US, I share your sentiments on getting a car-like SUV. We usually travel for days sa mga long drives namin and you can just imagine kung truck-like yung dala namin sasakyan. Malamang it will take the driver another 2 to 5 days to heal his back :D Tapos ang dami pa naming dala kaya SUV talaga ang the best for long driving na may touring (ofcourse kung gusto ng mabilis na byahe, air travel ang the best).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    macky,

gen2 CR-Vs drink their coolant? at what rate?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mbt
    macky,

gen2 CR-Vs drink their coolant? at what rate?
    I recently have them filled up (09/18/2003) as part of my 20K-mile service. Ngayon (09/23/2003), mas mababa pa sya sa 'MIN' level

OK lang daw yun sabi nung techie and as I posted dun sa kabilang thread, the CR-V's computer even allows the engine to run without coolant by turning off cylinders in sequence to prevent overheating. Ang hindi ko lang naitanong ay kung pwedeng tumakbo ang CR-V on extended period of time na mababa yung reservoir ng coolant? I guess pwede since this is always the case ever since I bought this d*mn nice car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
ATTN: Macky (others may also reply)