New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gecotbonjo View Post
    Just been looking at some ads and a 2000 Rocsta Jeep , 4X4 , 2.2L diesel is available for 128K. I keep wondering why the price is a bit low and thinking something must be wrong or bad about the vehicle, and maybe the usual unavailablity of spare parts... Now , seems like its a good deal.
    Did some internet search and it does have some potentials .
    Thanks for the inputs.
    Regards

gecotbonjo at mga bro gusto ko lang e-share sa inyo, i'd first hand experiences with the Rocstas. Our company (Saudi Arabia) imported from Korea a fleet of Rocsta about 200 units, it's the wrangler look-a-like, we users of these units and our workshop's have routinely experienced engine overheating due to cooling system problem (radiator seems cannot cope) coupled with repeated malfunction of the AC system. Rocta's engine overheats when driven hard at high temp. (from 38-40 degrees Centigrade), the problem was similar that of Kia sedan which are used as taxis here in the Philippines. more than 50% of the 200 units of Rocsta had recorded similar problems, which was main justification to sell all 200 Rocstas.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    gecotbonjo

if been trying to find the part number of the balljoint but come out empty handed. ill have the suspension pulled out to see if anything is written on the balljoints itself.

As usual the hard to find parts are the body parts and trims. interior parts like console, ashtray etc etc.

of the suspension parts, the speedo cable is kinda hard to come by.

but anything to get the rig running engine and transmission wise is available at your suki auto supply.

havent driven a vitara before, but you have remember that the vitara has a petrol engine and the rocsta has a diesel engine. In terms of fuel effeciency and torque at low rpms the diesel is superior.

the rocsta has dana axles on both front and end, if im not mistaken the vitara has already a IFS front suspension.

as to parts. suzuki vitara has a casa here. Rocsta wala, so u have to ask kia if they carry the parts bty their oem number, even sa suki auto supply.

There are several korean parts importer h ere in manila. i usually go there if I can find the parts im looking

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    delmance

the wrangler look alike is the old rocsta. maybe it was imported straight from korea without modification. It might even have its heater enabled. usually when product are exported. the product is modified to fit the market targeted. Like cbu units from japan. Most of them have their heaters disabled when they are sent here in the Philippines.

Considering korea and KSA is both at opposite extreme when climate is concerned. They should have slapped a much bigger radiator to fit the climate of KSA on every extremes of the countrys climate

My Personal experience with the Rocsta, the temperature of my Rocsta is stable. I just replaced the Thermostat to have piece of mind. And During long drives the temp do rise a lil bit, which is normal for diesels

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    R1 or old rocsta/ wranger look alike

http://www.rocsta4x4.co.uk/photos.htm

R2 or the newer rocsta

http://images.google.com.ph/imgres?i...%3Den%26sa%3DG

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    pwede kaya engine swap ng 2c or 4d56 ang rocsta

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    why would you want to swap the r2 engine with a 2c or 4d56?

the r2 engine as with any engine should be fine as long as you take care of it. Spares are so abundant and many surplus r2 engines

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    delmance,
    Thanks for your feedback and experiences . Kumusta naman sa KSA ngayon?
    Mojo,
    really appreciate all your inputs and will look around nga if there is actually an asia distributor here in Oman and check out the spares. Still need to know if the rocsta model is R2 ( sana nga) .
    Did you do some modification with your vehicle like a little lift here and there or whatever
    Regards

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks guys for the feedback...kumusta naman yun dashboard? palagay ko kaya nag overheat sya sa middle east ay dahil para sa korea talaga sya dapat which is a temperate to sub arctic region. dapat gawin nilang pang desert yan hehehe para di mag overheat. like lots of intake vents and better fan etc...or alisin na din thermostat hehehe

i actually want the older rocta since mas "generic" ang parts nya. matipid kaya ito? how about sa baha?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
asia rocksta