New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    kakainquire lang namin ng 2.3L escape matic.. less than 200K ang overall downpayment. not a bad deal

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pissword: Take a look at the X-trail din. Payag sila 10% down.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    pero lakas lumaklak ang xtrail dba? compared to the escape...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benj409
    Hello there! I'm planning to by an SUV. First, I consider the new CRV, then the fortunner and now the Escape. Upon reading your reviews about the Sorento, I feel, I'll go now for the Sorento. Can you help me select what SUV to buy? I"m quite confused with so many brands and good quality they are claiming.

My Criteria for selection is reliability, convenience, safety and fuel economy.

By the way, ano ba and difference ng 1.8, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0 and 3.5 liters engine in terms of fuel economy and power? di kasi ako marunong ng technical matters about engines. MARAMING SALAMAT!!!

kung mag sorento ka, mag Ford Everest ka na lang. this car is becoming more and more popular sa kalsada coz of hard times. and pasok sa mga criteria mo although sa convenience medyo mababa rating nya siguro kung nakasakay ka, pero convenience sa Phil. roads, puwedeng-puwede

the Escape is also good. wag ka na CRV, it doesnt look like a compact SUV, mas malapit ang itsura nya sa mga AUV. Kung Fortuner naman, kwento ko na lang sayo yun kakilala ng mga barkada ng dad ko, winang-wangan sila mag-asawa ng tatlong kotse sa white plains. nun tinanong nya kung ano problema. pinasakay sila sa likod at pinaikot-ikot sa QC habang binabatuk-batukan every now and then, his wife included. this Fortuner SUV is a complete waste of time, effort, money and even endanger your life. hirap na nga orderin, tapos malaki ang chances na mawala sayo parang bula, and demeaning pa. it seems that some carjackers are not satisfied with just taking your car, i-degrade pa pagkatao mo, dahil na din siguro nayayabangan sila kapag naka-Fortuner ka ... imagine naka-slump ka na nga sa likod na takut-takot, tapos take turns pa sila batukan kayo and pati one and only mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:

oldblue: What happened after? Kinuha ba yung Fortuner? O wala lang?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I will definitely not recomend the Ford Escape. Huwag kayong masilaw sa promo baka magsisi lang kayo! kABEBENTA KO LANG NG UNIT KO (ESCAPE 4X2 MATIC) last month. Kasi mabagal na, ang lakas pa sa gas considering na 2.0 lang ang unit ko. Nagtanung tanong ako kung bakit ganito ang unit ko sabi nila lemon daw talaga ang escape dito sa pinas. Kung 3.0 naman ang kukunin nyo, mas malakas sa gas. Isa pa kung ito ang kukunin nyo luma agad ang model.

I am now in the market of a new CUV. Mukhang ok ung new Vitara. Can anyone give me an input on this particular model? TIA.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 2.0 Escape, X-Trail and CRV are ALL gas guzzlers because of the automatic transmission and small engine. The 2.3 Escape has better consumption, all things considered. The 3.0 Escape will likely drink a lot more gas, but you'll have more fun with it.
    2.3 Escape: ( ) reliability (unknown), + convenience, + safety, ( ) fuel economy (average)

Admittedly, the resale value is a real problem.

The Everest is the best bet in Ford's fleet. Almost AUV price, SUV size, near-SUV amenities. The engine and suspension aren't the most sophisticated, but it's a real workhorse:
    +reliability (Ranger base), +convenience (good size and ability), ( )safety (big body, but not built to US standards), -fuel economy (compared to other diessels).

An alternative would be the 4X2 3.0 Tribute, which is more like a Mazda 6 on stilts. Sort of an Accord fighter disguised as a CUV, sporty handling and power, and looks a little better than the Escape, with better consumption due to lack of 4X4 hardware.
    ( ) reliability (unknown), +convenience, +safety, -fuel economy (obviously).

The 2.5 X-Trail 250X looks sweet. Good riding comfort and excellent AWD.
    ( ) reliability, +convenience, +safety, ( ) fuel economy.

The AWD CRV doesn't give you much in terms of off-road capability. Neither CRV will give you good gas consumption, and the traction of the stock tires are HORRIBLE. They break away early and easily, and for many owners, the CRV's tires are often the first time they'll ever hear tire squeal. So for safety, the CRV doesn't really score that high. IMHO, safety doesn't only include body rigidity, but handling, especially as these CUVs are expected to drive like cars, at car-like speeds.
    + reliability, + convenience, ( ) safety (dubious grip), - fuel economy.

The RAV4 is a very good choice. Lighter body, better handling and fuel efficiency. Smaller trunk space compared to most (but wait for the new one!). Good value for money.
    + reliability, ( ) convenience (small), + safety, + fuel economy.

The Fortuner is very nice, but not really a compact SUV, and not even close to the price point we're looking at, especially if you want it NOW... you'll have to pay through the nose to get bumped to the front of the queue.
    + reliability, + convenience, + safety, ( ) fuel economy (depends on version, gas will guzzle, but diesel respectable)

The Hyundai Tucson is a question mark, especially in terms of resale, but I've never heard any owner of a late model Hyundai complain about their vehicle. In fact, many owners of 98-00 Hyundais I've met have been very effusive and enthusiastic about their cars. Hyundai reliability is not a major problem, unless you're talking about the ancient Besta models.
    ( ) reliability, ( ) convenience (small), ( ) safety (unknown), + fuel economy.

Does the new Vitara still ride on a full frame? I'm not sure. It's an okay choice, and Suzukis hold their value relatively well, as they're 4X4, but you're kind of limited on choices for parts and servicing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    The traction of the Bridgestone Duelers H/T mounted on the CRV's 15" rims are notorious for a lot of reasons a tyre shouldn't be (eg. quick wear rate, low grip, excessive road noise, etc). However, the CRV gen 2.5 are now equipped with updated 16" rims with BF GoodRich Traction T/A. Hopefully, the BF GoodRich would make up for the shortcomings of the old Duelers. Since the CRV shares the same platform as the ES Civic, similarities in the handling are apparent but I wouldn't expect the CRV to cover corners in the same manner as the Civic since its higher center of gravity puts it into a disadvantage.

The Ford Everest comes in an attractive price, but I dont know if the amount of interior noise level, previous technology engine, slow steering, high hood, etc can allow it to be considered a compact SUV. For starters, the high hood will make manuevering this truck quite a chore in tight Manila parking spaces and garages. I read the review in motioncars that claimed of the excessive interior noise and lackadaisical engine performance. Overall, I'll get this if I'm based in the province where open roads are abundant and are in disrepair (on some parts). City slickers are better off with a car-based compact SUV.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    If you want Diesel Sorento ganda ng ride but if you want Gas Grand vitara nalang.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry
    OT:

oldblue: What happened after? Kinuha ba yung Fortuner? O wala lang?

syempre kinuha, binaba din sila. carjackers kasi na 3 cars with wang-wangs

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Anong pinakamagandang compact SUV