New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I noticed that the battery icon (magic eye) on the dash, was lighted but dim.. Another observation, it gets lighted only when I am not using any accessories like aircon, stereo and others. The electrician said that there is something wrong with your alternator and most likely its the rectifier. So I had it replaced and it cost me 1,600 and 300 for the labor. It seemed well but the following day, it turned on again... Question, was it the rectifier or the IC that should be replaced? When will you say its the rectifier and when will you say its the IC? Thanks guys... And Hope Joseph the Pajero Expert can help me on this...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    me din i have kinda the same problem, when i start the engine yung light na yun umilaw din but i have to rev all the way past 1000rpm then it disappears but pansin ko last sunday dumaan me ng baha nag on off yun ilaw, i know alternator but wat gagawin ko?

Yung I.C regulates the voltage going into the system. Hiwalay ito (sa Trooper alternator) sa rectifier. Yung rectifier ito yung nagco-convert ng A.C current na nage-generate nung alternator to D.C current. Sa trooper alternator 9 na diodes ito. You might want to consider changing the rectifiers. Ibalik mo dun sa gumawa. Pwede kasing ma-check ito bago palitan. HTH!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    fix ko kahapon, got a surplus alternator at 5,500 n had my pajero mounting fit in the surplus one. 9-amps pinalitr same as the stock one.

kcboy: current rating must be above 50A. Mine is 80A. Baka 90 amos yung stock ng Pajero. Bro anong nangyari ba? Dinaan mo lang sa baha tapos nasira yung alternator? Gaano ba kalalim yung baha?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think sa lahar pa last year, now lang nasira at bibigay na kaya pinalitan ko na. 3 years ago pinalitan ko ng brand new from casa 35k, eh now bumigay ulit so surplus na. 5,500 lang

35K hanep. Surplus ok na yan

Alternator Issue - is it the IC or rectifier? Joseph Pjero Expert Help..