New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Hi Tsikoteers!

Hingi ako ng advice about driving to and from Baguio... first time ako aakyat doon na ako ang mag-drive. What do I watch out for? Ano ba ang technique sa pag-akyat or pag-baba on steep decents. What do I have to check (sa diesel adventure ko) before the trip? And whatever you can share pa.

Thanks!
    RafRaf
    :D

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    how I remember my first time too. here's what my dad told me years ago:
    -give way to vehicles going up
    -don't ride on your brakes going down. use the same gear going down as you would going up
    -don't "straighten" corners unless you can see way ahead of you.
    -use "bwelo" whenever you can
    -stay well off the road when parked
    -trust your instincts (if you think there is a car around that bend, there sure will be)
    good luck and drive safely :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

we will be going to baguio later anyone who can provide a road map going to baguio? thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    sir, aside from the usual BLOWBAG check on your vehicle (emphasis on the brakes) be sure to have a lot of PATIENCE especially when traversing the provincial roads. You'll encounter tricycles, sugar cane haulers and other slow moving vehicles that could delay your trip.

Be very careful at the highway between Urdaneta and Binalonan, it's an accident prone area, especially sa brgy sumabnit.

enjoy your stay in baguio. medyo mainit na rin dun.

i forgot, have a lot of space for the pasalubongs. he he he

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    wag kayong magmadali...darating din kayo...ingats!!

take Marcos hi-way (parang pinalitan na ata nila ito di ba? di na ata Marcos hi-way pangalan?)...Kennon Road naman pababa..ganda ng view!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wag po kayong dadaan ng kenon road kung gabi na paakyat ang hirap and kung first time nyo sa kenon....may mga single lane and steep unlike sa marcos cool lang...maluwang pa...been there last week

tama si hens ganda pag pababa ng kenon and yung mga falls kitang kita

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i suggest you take marcos-highway. its more driver and car-friendly....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    was there last friday upto sunday, i took marcos hi-way, just give way to those going up and shift within the engines power band para hindi hirap

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hinay-hinay lang paakyat, dami ko nang nakikitang kotse nag ooverheat kalagitnaan. Pinupwersa kasi ang makina. Try to sense your engine's power, pag hirap umakyat turn off your AC and open windows mesmirize the fresh air. Yes, both Kennon road and Marcos Hi-way may nag-overheat.

Pag sa Marcos Hi-way ka dadaan makikita mo dun yung rebulto ni Macoy na pinasabog. Just follow the national highway, there are lots of signs along the way going up to Baguio. Minsan may detour ang roads para makaiwas sa bayan na heavy traffic like Urdaneta. If you see Shell and Caltex on your right, malapit na sa junction yun, whether to take Kennon turn right or Marcos Highway turn left via Pugo.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    makikita mo dun yung rebulto ni Macoy na pinasabog.

pinasabog pala yun??...kaya pala di ko makita..akala ko nga mali yung pinasok kong hi-way...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
advice: driving up to/down from Baguio