New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    aargghhh!! ang daming tao dito sa baguio today. parang holy week. labor day weekend na, sm is on sale pa! traffic sa town. the sensible thing to do now is to get out. hahaha! the whole family will trek out to vigan tonight.

bad trip talaga pag napupuno ang mga vacation spots of people. Hirap mag-relax. When I go there usually sa Green Valley lang ako

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    What hotel do you guys suggest na ok and mura? How much dapat budget now if I go to Baguio? We plan to go there 2nd week of May.
    Gas? Hotel accomodations? Places to check and dine in besides the usual? Tnx for the help.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Sir Drexx, why take Naguilian Road? It's the farthest route to Baguio coming from Manila, ang layo ng iikutin nyo. Unless siguro may sasadyain kayo sa banda roon.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i left baguio sat. 8:30 pm arrived 2:00 am. first time to drive from baguio at night. used kennon, sarap pala kasi kita kaagad kung me kasalubong because of the lights. ang masakit sa mata yung mga sobrang lakas na light blue lights.
    i chose kennon kasi mas populated ito (me mga camp 7,6 etc.) not like marcos hi way, especially dun the by pass ng agoo, kakatakot walang bahayan.

medyo mainit lang. di nga nagamit jacket kahit gabi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I enjoy going to Baguio usually pag June to October... wala masyadong vacation crowd.

Pag walang traffic and you drive just straight (walang stopover) 3-4 hours is very doable. Dont pass Kennon if its raining though, daming maliliit na bato nahuhulog sa road.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    02May2004 (UTC -7)

Originally posted by Automahn
    Sir Drexx, why take Naguilian Road? It's the farthest route to Baguio coming from Manila, ang layo ng iikutin nyo. Unless siguro may sasadyain kayo sa banda roon.
    You got that right May mga kamag-anak kasi kami sa La Union eh...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Thank you all for your advice. Ok na ok ang pag-drive ko sa Baguio then La Union (didn't expect we'd go there pa pero OK na rin). Great experience yung driving ... kaya lang tinira yung door handle ng driver side ko at nawala yung cellphone ko sa Baguio market.

Oh well, ganyan talaga ang buhay. Bye the way, going up to Baguio through Marcos I stayed mostly on third with occasional shifting to 4th gear when permitted and to 2nd gear when kailangan ng hatak. Overtake only when very very sure that oncoming traffic is clear and kaya ng sasakyan. Going down, we took Naguilian, stayed also on third gear and used engine braking... gave way to accending vehicles.

Great driving experience. Will do it again in the future... or going south naman siguro... like bicol or Mindoro.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
advice: driving up to/down from Baguio