New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    dapat tipong mclaren f1? asa gitna ang driver the wing girls on each side? lol or the atom car? ahehehe

Quote Originally Posted by onedayoldchick View Post
    ano ba kasi history bakit may LHD at RHD pa? bakit hindi nalang LHD buong mundo.
    according to my inherited knowledge it has somthing to do durin the time of "horse driven carriages"...

kasi diba european countries are monarchs, e to prevent na tamaan ng whip ung pasahero nila, sa right side sila umuupo(kasi diba most of us are right hand users,e...

sa US/other countries naman, karamihan ay slaves naman, kaya its ok na left hand lang sila...

born of descrimination ika nga...

pansinin nyo, major european countries and their colonies(japan, hongkong,singapore, thailand,etc) are all RHD.. tayo, american/spanish colony, being treated as slaves din, kaya LHD ang inadopt...

as i know, noon ata, may nag-lobby na gawing RHD na tayo...pero since under american at "pasikat sa kano", binasura..e di sana, madaming JDM rides tayo dito -> skylines, GTO supras,etc na galing mismo sa japan! at napakadaling kumuha ng surplus parts din (from our neighbors and especially JAPAN) di naman US spec ang mga sasakyan natin,e.....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sayang noh.. para wala ng convert convert! hahaha

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gordon Murray had it right when he built the Macca F1.
    A car you can drive whichever territory you find yourself in!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Err ... how? The steering wheel and the driver's seat is still on the right hand side of that Reliant.
    yap it is still a RHD....del boy's car! hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    pansinin nyo, major european countries and their colonies(japan, hongkong,singapore, thailand,etc) are all RHD.. tayo, american/spanish colony, being treated as slaves din, kaya LHD ang inadopt...

as i know, noon ata, may nag-lobby na gawing RHD na tayo...pero since under american at "pasikat sa kano", binasura..e di sana, madaming JDM rides tayo dito -> skylines, GTO supras,etc na galing mismo sa japan! at napakadaling kumuha ng surplus parts din (from our neighbors and especially JAPAN) di naman US spec ang mga sasakyan natin,e.....
    I think that's pretty poor reasoning. Germany and I think France is LHD. Italy is LHD as well if I remember corectly. So is Turkey. Egypt was under British rule. But last time I was there, the vehicles were LHD unlike the Brits who are WHD (Wrong Hand Drive).

Japan is RHD probably because when Japan modernized during the Meiji era, Great Britain had a big influence in technology such as Japan's first modern warships and subsequent navy plus other military arms. At the early 1900's and pre-WW2, Great Britain was still "the" major world power. As a young modern nation, Japan looked to Great Britain for inspiration since both have similarities eg, both are island countries....

Add: Korea was considered a Japanese colony almost as long as the Americans were in the Philippines. Yet, you don't see the Koreans driving RHD like the Japanese.

Canada was a British colony and yet, they too drive LHD, not RHD.

Singapore was conquered by the Japanese. But it never was a Japanese colony. Singapore was a British colony which explains why it's RHD.

Actually, most of Europe is LHD.

RHD vs LHD by country:
    http://www.i18nguy.com/driver-side.html#countrytable
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 3rd, 2007 at 06:38 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    The whole of continental Europe is LHD. Only the island-states of Eire, Malta and the UK are RHD.

Brits may be WHD ... but at least we can own and drive both RHD and LHD cars on our roads and others' (EU mainland)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    The whole of continental Europe is LHD. Only the island-states of Eire, Malta and the UK are RHD.

Brits may be WHD ... but at least we can own and drive both RHD and LHD cars on our roads and others' (EU mainland)

Kind of confusing, though. It took me a while to adjust to RHD while visiting Japan. Luckily, RHD didn't take hold after I left.

Brits..... it's all their fault for resisting LHD. I actually had a harder time driving in London than in Aomori (JPN). The Japanese are pretty conservative drivers. The English..... they're nuts! j/k
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; February 3rd, 2007 at 07:03 AM.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ako naman I am for the conversion of all PUJ's and PUB's sa RHD. para mag-think twice sila swerve at madali sila magtawag ng pasahero
    oo nga no. sama na din natin mga tricycle! lipat ang cab sa left side.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    e paginilipat nyo yung driver side to right, pati sa kalye maglilipat di ba?!...we will be driving on the left hand side of the road na...so balewala

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advantages of being RHD in an LHD country