New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung nawawala, mukhang vacuum problem iyan. May araw na may sufficient vacuum, may araw na kulang.

Ganun kasi sakin. I drive it one week in 4H and it can build sufficient vacuum. Pwede ko gamiting ng 2H the next week. Pero natatalo talaga yung vacuum kaya mag-blink ulit and I have to shift to 4H. In my rig, may konting leak ako sa clutch master and yun ang suspected na cause ng vacuum leak.

Maganda nga ipa-check mo na. Pero in the meantime mag-4H ka muna para hindi pwersado ang system. Yun kasi ang default setting niya. It only 'forces' itself into 2WD by using vacuum.

Btw, ganun siya so in case the system fails off-road, you will not lose 4WD capability.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by igor View Post
    Thank you all for the replies!

I will have the vacuum lines checked.

It was just the internals that was changed (sorry, kulang description.) Not the entire assembly.

Will it affect the 4WD operation of the vehicle (solenoid)? Or is this just an indicator that the 4WD is engaged? Reason for me asking is, I will be going on a LOOOONNNGGG road trip and I want to know if this is something to worry about. I will only have time to take the vehicle and have it checked next week.

Thanks again!
    San Shop ka nagpa repair ng tranny mo?Ok ba naging repair? Beside the blimking of the indicator?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    up ko lang itong thread na ito..

similar problem kasi sa pajero ko..

dati ung 4WD indicator, blink ng blink.. ngayon totally wala na! i checked the fuse busted sya.. when i replaced the fuse, it got busted after few days.. san kaya ang problem nito?

ung solenoid na nabanggit dito.. ano ba itchura nun?? i want to go under and find the thing.. saan ba sya located madalas?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 'solenoids' (at least that's what they call it most of the time) is on the passenger side fender. Para siyang may rubber knob na bilog.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yan ata yun vacuum switch na mayrun din sa patrol safari. eto naman yun nag control ng rear differential lock nito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. Magkamukha sila ng Patrol.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    ay teka! yan ba ung nasa engine bay na may hose?

or under chassis ito?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
4WD operation