New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    what about the gen3 pajero's 4wd system?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The GEN III is called the 'Super Select II' by the Mitsu Marketing guys if I'm not mistaken.

It is essentially a dual range part-time 4x4 system with a lockable center differential that allows it to be operated as a full time [assymetric] system should the driver desire to.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Wala bang center difflock ang Fortuner so you can just go into direct-drive and bypass the center differential's effects?
    walang center diff lock ang fortuner.

LSD ba yung diff ng fortuner?
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang sayang yung low range ng Fortuner if hindi ka pwede mag-direct drive.

Kahit ba sa ibang markets walang CDL?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfpack
    ALL WHEEL DRIVE

It is for this reason why All Wheel drive came into being, an all wheel drive system does not "Syncronize" the spin of the front and the rear diffs to avoid the tight turn braking phenomena, and provides the superior traction and handling afforded by "4wd" minus the thight turn braking effect. This is made possible by a British development called "Vicous Coupling" It is a front and rear diffrential "syncronizing" system using Hydraulic fluids to propel the Front and/or rear diffs of the vehicle. Since the propeling medium is fluids it does not "LOCK" the front and rear Diffs and drive torque can be manipulated to distribute more torque to the front or rear diffs of the vehicle which is offered in some Rally cars, on production vehicles the manufacturer usually sets the torque split.

Locally manufactured vehicles equipped with all wheel drive only (no Central Diff Locks) are:
    Rav 4 2nd Gen, CRV 1st and 2nd Gen,
    the 4x4 Explorer EB is also an all wheel drive. The choice in the dash are 4wd auto, 4wd lo, 4wd hi push buttons. no 4x2.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the fortuners CD has torsen LSD on normal use it can transmit power to the front and rear unlike open CD. it 4wd selector is marked as H-4HLc-N-4LLc. meaning when transfering the lever to 4HLc the CD is locked just like any 4wd. In some markets the fortuner has RDL. Remember it has the genes of the LC.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sir wolfpack, yung Ford Explo Sporttrac ko pareho din ba sa Escape?Nag eengage lang ako ng 4X4 monthly sandali lang sa construction site.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    walang center diff lock ang fortuner.

LSD ba yung diff ng fortuner?
    i correct myself. meron palang center diff lock ang fortuner. bale H-HL-N-LL ang transfer gears ng fortuner.
    Last edited by boybi; January 10th, 2006 at 12:25 AM.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    merong center diff lock yung torsen limited-slip center diff ng fortuner, pero open diffs front and rear

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Somebody might answer my big question here. Just bought a reconditioned Suzuki Every 4WD Van with Auto-Lock Hub and 4WD electronic switch on the gear shift stick and another electronic button for locking the hub. What type of 4WD system is this? What is the correct procedure on locking and releasing 4WD with this system? Got a Daihatsu Feroza but 4WD system are all manual. If I push the electronic switch, the 4wd indicator lights up together with the hub lock indicator. There is another button to unlock the hub which I just press to unlock it (another electronic switch). But it will automatically lock the hub when I switch from 2WD to 4WD. When I disengage the 4WD I need to press the Hub Lock switch to unlock the hub. The thing is do I need to do this on neutral? Do I need to shift on reverse to disengage the hub? I need your help since the surplus dealer's mechanic can't explain to me properly how to use the 4WD system of this vehicle. I bought it since they offered me the same price that the other dealer offered me for 4x2 version.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
4 Wheel Drive Systems: Their differences...