New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    just want to know your opinions when you change the stock wheels of an suv into 20" with 50 series tires. thanks.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    will accelerate suspension wear and tear.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Will make car/suv look ten times better.

If I had the money I'd get some.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anong klaseng suv? 50-series tires may be too small on a full size suv.

dubs do improve the looks but you won't please everybody. for example, i really hate some of the ghetto chrome rim styles that some companies are coming out with, but other people (from the ghetto...j/k) like them.

also, keep the stock rims so you can still take the truck offroad if you still want to.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can't please everybody period.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    - Your SUV will look better, assuming of course the design you've chosen matches the SUV. In most cases, your ride will look better. For some SUVs, however, 20s might still be small, and the overall effect might not be as good. But then, this is a personal choice, so for as long as you are satisfied, ok na.
    - Cornering should be a little better considering the additional width of the tire, and the additional weight of the wheel/tire combo.
    - Ride quality will deteriorate vs. stock.
    - Increase in the wear and tear of your suspension.

Personally, if your SUV is more of a city driver, slapping on 20s/blings should be relatively ok as compared to if you use your ride for out of town trips as well, wherein the terrain could be bad. As recommended, keep you stock set so you can switch back if the need arises.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    find out how your upgrade would affect your vehicle speed and all.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    actually, i'll be placing the 20" rims with 265/50 (dia: 774 mm) tires to my future fortuner (probably next month). the stock tire is 265/70/16 (dia: 777 mm). as you can see, almost the same ang tire diameters, difference of 3 mm. more on highway driving naman ako, no off-road. ang magiging thickness ng 20" tires will be 5.2 inches as against 7.3 inches kung stock tire. baduy ba pag chrome? wala kasing 20" na silver o hypersilver. before kasi i plan lang 18" kaso walang stock na mags na gusto ko. thanks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang tama lang yata ang 20 sa fortuner based on the pics i've seen. but i'll let you guys who have actually seen the setup in person to be the judge.

in my humble opinion, chrome doesn't automatically equal baduy...but some manufacturers make chrome wheels that are waaay over the top. some chrome wheels (yung medyo simple ang design) look really good.

also be aware that chrome wheels are very heavy and add a lot of unsprung weight to your ride, which might make it feel a little more sluggish

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Chrome isn't necessarily 'baduy'. Madaming chrome rims na maganda. If too much chrome bothers you, get the black rims with chrome lip. Maganda din yun.

Beebs, diba 4x2 diesel yung kukunin mo? Reminder lang po, it has only 102 HP, with 20" rims sobrang sluggish na nyan.

Suggestion lang po, since Toyota doesn't honor the 'line' anyway, switch ka nalang to either 4x2 gas or 4x4 diesel, which will give you 160-163 HP respectively, para pag linagyan mo ng 20" rims, hindi ka masyado mabibitin. IMHO halos ganun lang din ang waiting time.

EDIT: Ako pag/kung makukuha ko yung Fortuner ko, plano ko din kumuha ng 20"s. I'm on a budget kaya I'm looking at Rota's Extreme. What kind of 20" rims do you have in mind?
    Last edited by Bry; September 24th, 2005 at 02:56 PM.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
20" mags