New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    wow that's to hot! so to summarize all of the information that i gained to i will just replace the stock carb in to a better one right? i just relay to 4-2-1 headers and mufflers to have better sound and performance without sacrificing gas consumption.

this is my project owner type jeep sir

do you have any suggestion to have more greater performance and great sound without compromising the gas consumption?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    typically, more performance = more gas consumed

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    we had a toyota sr with twin down draft carb. 4k ata makina. meron ako nakakalat na webber side draft with manifold from 4g32, pm lang kung gusto.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    we had a toyota sr with twin down draft carb. 4k ata makina. meron ako nakakalat na webber side draft with manifold from 4g32, pm lang kung gusto.

sir picture naman ng twin down draft ng 4K engine mo...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    pag naka twin down draft ba ang 4K engine with 4-2-1 and aftermarket na muffler malaks na ba sa gas consumption yun?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    mga sir. ganito kasi gusto ko maging tunog ng 4K engine ko, pero ang prolema baka maging malakas naman masyado sa gaso.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mev6J4Levxc"]YouTube- 2T power![/ame]

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if you're so concerned about fuel consumption, leave everything stock

replacing your stock carb with a bigger down draft or dual down drafts or twin side drafts will significantly increase your fuel consumption

that video you posted above, the corolla's engine is 2T

dual carb yan

baka 2T-G yan (DOHC, dual carb -- malakas sa gas)

if you're only after the sound, install a large free-flow muffler sa iyong jeep, maybe you'll get close to that sound

but your 4K can't sound exactly like a 2T

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    +1 on uls for the free-flow muffs

if you want performance mods, get an engine swap for a bigger and better engine.

expect poor FC if you're going for engine performance mods.

imho, keep your stock muffs, if you have one. you arent going any faster on those noisy and ear-itating exhaust

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ahh... siguro i will put a bigger down draft to increase a little bit performance and put a free flow muffler, anyway do you know where i could go a shop that doing both headers and free flow muff? i heard some of owner type jeep had a nodaloz headers, another question is 4G33 a gas hogger?

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    malamang 4-1 yun, stock engine kasi. la ako pix, nabenta na yon pang tuition ko. hehe

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
what are twin side and twin down?