New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Results 261 to 270 of 270
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    385
    #261
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    puro hypothetical

    Show me an otj enthusiast who assembled one with "new engine and updated body exterior and interior"
    *uls, you have come out of your closet and explore. No feeding required here, you have to do your research.

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    39,205
    #262
    dude just show me the OTJ with new engine

    tama na ung puro hypothetical

    if a guy really built an OTJ with new engine, transmission, axle, diff, everything, he must have posted it on social media

    a guy wouldn't keep a project like that a secret

    he'd be proud and post it all over the place

    if there's one out there, post mo dito

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    385
    #263
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    Honestly tama yung comment earlier... 2020 na and the OTJ, Wrangler & Hammer has to go.

    I think an Eon and Alto are way safer.
    Sometimes we have to talk about things for public consumption. We can not just dismiss individual needs and passion. If they continue to patronize OTJ/Oner, we can't do anything about it. I know this is coming from us that they have to develop certain things to catch up from the ever-changing world.

  4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    39,205
    #264
    ocanursjr and jpdm and the other pinoy-built vehicle advocates

    you guys are sooo 10 yrs ago

    i remember our debates like it was yesterday

    kami ni Ghosthunter on the other side of the debate

    we're the skeptics telling you guys wala mangyayari sa pinoy-built vehicle

    2020 na nasaan ang mass produced pinoy-built vehicle?

    pati Tata Nano equivalent wala ang Pinas

    ngayon pati otj nawawala na sa kalye

    give it up dude

  5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    39,205
    #265
    btw sir ocanursjr

    tagalogin mo nalang

    hirap intindihin english mo

  6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,275
    #266
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    we're the skeptics telling you guys wala mangyayari sa pinoy-built vehicle

    2020 na nasaan ang mass produced pinoy-built vehicle?
    to add... problem with our independent shops is that di sila nag-invest sa technology.

    Na-stuck sila sa Acetylene and electric welding.

    If you watch car restorations shows (Discovery and Netflix)

    They are using plasma cutters, electric saw and spot welding.

    Acetylene welded sheets don't last long. Local electric welding does not work on thin sheets.

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    385
    #267
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ocanursjr and jpdm and the other pinoy-built vehicle advocates

    you guys are sooo 10 yrs ago

    i remember our debates like it was yesterday

    kami ni Ghosthunter on the other side of the debate

    we're the skeptics telling you guys wala mangyayari sa pinoy-built vehicle

    2020 na nasaan ang mass produced pinoy-built vehicle?

    pati Tata Nano equivalent wala ang Pinas

    ngayon pati otj nawawala na sa kalye

    give it up dude
    Any news from them? Have you heard anything from Ghosthunter? He just disappears without a trace here in Tsikot. I know Professor JPDM is busy with his work and family life. Who knows they may come out and talk about things.

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    385
    #268
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    to add... problem with our independent shops is that di sila nag-invest sa technology.

    Na-stuck sila sa Acetylene and electric welding.

    If you watch car restorations shows (Discovery and Netflix)

    They are using plasma cutters, electric saw and spot welding.

    Acetylene welded sheets don't last long. Local electric welding does not work on thin sheets.
    That exactly what had happened to OTJ/Oner fabricators and assemblers. They never compete with the big car manufacturers. In the next few years, the administration will continue to phase out old dilapidated Jeepney's.

  9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,275
    #269

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,275
    #270
    Stainless Sleeper: Owner jeep with Honda S2000 engine for sale | Autoindustriya



    The kicker? The ad poster, Bryan De Guzman, posted its selling price at PHP 350,000.00. The reality? There is truth in his post about the engine and transmission plus LSD alone already cost that much.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627
Stainless Owner Type Jeeps