New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    dati naalala ko nauso yan pnangyayabang pa lowered na oner.

pero ang naalala ko early 90s usually may ganito eh magbaba-baboy. Yung may pwesto sa palengke ganito gamit.

Hind sila maiingay kasi gaso engine gamit.

Pero ngayon magdrive ka nyan pang family punta ng mall eh nakakahiya na.

Eh may nakikta nga ako naka suzuki apv na binata pa halos takpan yung face pag baba na sasakyan, ayaw lumingon. What more pa oner type jeep.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    halos wala na otj sa kalye coz people have moved on and moved up

why assemble or buy an otj when you can get a brand new car with low downpayment

an otj isn't on anybody's wish list

if you want a jeep buy a real wrangler

-

who is gonna bother spending money assembling an otj with brand new engine?
    If they don't want to level up with the big car manufacturer, I would say that goodbye to the local fabricators and assemblers of OTJ/Oner. The present administration has the will to get rid of old dilapidated Jeepney's plying the street of the Philippines. It took decades to implement the PUV Modernization program of the government.

OTJ/Oner enthusiast will, with a new engine and updated body exterior and interior.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

pero ang naalala ko early 90s usually may ganito eh magbaba-baboy. Yung may pwesto sa palengke ganito gamit.

Eh may nakikta nga ako naka suzuki apv na binata pa halos takpan yung face pag baba na sasakyan, ayaw lumingon. What more pa oner type jeep.
    The same feeling, that's why I choose my 90's B13 over Wrangler Type Jeep, FX, and AUV's. Presko at malamig ang aircon ng Nissan.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    If they don't want to level up with the big car manufacturer, I would say that goodbye to the local fabricators and assemblers of OTJ/Oner. The present administration has the will to get rid of old dilapidated Jeepney's plying the street of the Philippines. It took decades to implement the PUV Modernization program of the government.

OTJ/Oner enthusiast will, with a new engine and updated body exterior and interior.
    puro hypothetical

Show me an otj enthusiast who assembled one with "new engine and updated body exterior and interior"

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    halos wala na otj sa kalye coz people have moved on and moved up

why assemble or buy an otj when you can get a brand new car with low downpayment

an otj isn't on anybody's wish list

if you want a jeep buy a real wrangler

-

who is gonna bother spending money assembling an otj with brand new engine?
    There are those who fabricate wrangler type body and there are also those who fab ricate humvee body vehicles with surplus engines

Those are not available for financing..indeed, with the convenience of auto loans now more consumers opted to what they can avail on a financing scheme

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

some random thoughts.

1. the attractiveness of otj in the past, was its low cost. the low cost of used cars now, is now actively competing with the otj assemblers.
    i doubt if anyone would venture into otj assembly, if government mandated it be fitted with a brand new engine costing several hundred thousands of pesos...

2. the otj has very few safety features. it was not in the requirements list, back when it was being designed... for the US forces in WW II.

3. mabili pa rin ang stainless, to folks who have to deal with rust. fish and swine dealers...
    but government has mandated rules to keep it from blinding other motorists... paint.. finish..

4. to those who value hard work, hindi nakakahiyang makitang bumababa sa otj.

5. would i use otj? yes. pa-aircon ko. at hindi stainless. some paint-able body.. and cover it with something more resistant to sharp blades than trapal.. heh heh.
    i have been mulling over designing one that will include better comfort ergonimics...

6. backyard assembly? no big deal.
    just show them the resibo for the brand new chassis and body. lto will stencil the numbers themselves, sa harap ng officina nila. but do get a nice, receipted engine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    There are those who fabricate wrangler type body and there are also those who fab ricate humvee body vehicles with surplus engines

Those are not available for financing..indeed, with the convenience of auto loans now more consumers opted to what they can avail on a financing scheme

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I would say this was what dealt the OTJ industry the big blow. In much the same way easy motorcycle financing schemes caused the smuggled surplus motorcycle and scooter businesses in Ilocos and Cagayan.

I remember back in college one of my classmates drove a full-stainless OTJ that had a full stainless steel roof, sides and doors with roll-up/down windows and full AC.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I would say this was what dealt the OTJ industry the big blow. In much the same way easy motorcycle financing schemes caused the smuggled surplus motorcycle and scooter businesses in Ilocos and Cagayan.

I remember back in college one of my classmates drove a full-stainless OTJ that had a full stainless steel roof, sides and doors with roll-up/down windows and full AC.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    there was this urban legend about muhammad ali's gold-plated T-bird being flagged down... for being too shiney. nakaka-silaw daw.
    heh heh.

if someone manages to come up with a re-designed otj that effectively answers some of its criticisms, it might just spark a renaissance of new-generation otjs...
    hey! i want in!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    mahirap irehistro ang bagong assemble na otj

una, ung surplus engine kailangan ng LTO report

meaning the importer has to report to the LTO mga engine na pinarating niya (ung container van ka puno ng surplus engine kailangan mo stencil isa isa yan tapos submit mo sa LTO)

ung nakabili ng engine meron dapat siya resibo + copy ng LTO report

paano kung hindi nabili ung makina sa importer/dealer?

paano kung nabili mo ung makina kung saan saan lang?

nasaan ang supporting papers?

pangalawa, ung chassis -- meron dapat numero yan naka etch -- irereport mo din yan sa LTO

di tulad ng sasakyan na galing casa, ang otj magkaiba ang source ng engine and chassis

so imagine mo ung hassle ng pagrehistro

sa panahon ngayon sa dami ng sasakyan na pino-process ng LTO magsisingit ka pa ng pag process ng otj sa tingin niyo ipa-prioritize ng LTO yan?

good luck

try niyo kung ayaw niyo maniwala

juice ko 2020 na pinag uusapan pa ang otj?
    (based on personal experience more than 10 years ago)

1. lahat ng surplus shop selling engines, may LTO report dapat yung engines nila... dinadalaw sila regularly ng police to check kasi kung wala report, baka galing sa car nap yung parts.

2. kung galing naman sa donor car, OR/CR dadalhin mo sa LTO

3. Same with chassis... may serial number yun with receipt (no unless mag fabricate ka ng sarili which is almost impossible to register)

As for the LTO registration... dinadala namin noon sa LTO na hindi busy. kung may tiwala na syo yung shop na binilhan mo ng engine (or chassis) alam din nila kung saan mo dadalhin for registration

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Honestly tama yung comment earlier... 2020 na and the OTJ, Wrangler & Hammer has to go.

I think an Eon and Alto are way safer.

Stainless Owner Type Jeeps