New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    And if I may add further, there other important factors that we should consider for any proposed solution to be sustainable. Factors such as displacement of jeepney drivers (alam ko madami galit sa mga ito pero pag wala na silang kita baka mag resort pa sa mas masahol na gawain), road designs (can it accommodate mini-buses, e-jeep, etc), land uses (magaganda land use plans natin pero hindi naman ma-implement) and of course cost implications.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wished they would immediately replace the jeepney with these on selected places.

Now if they convert these to either LPG or CNG, ayos sana. These Beeps can carry 26 passengers (18 seating, 8 standing) and can replace 2-3 jeepneys on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    But CNG requires a different engine type and higher pressures to liquify for storage. PLUS investment in infrastructure to process and store CNG.
    Actually it doesn't really require a different engine type, I've already seen a lot of vehicles converted to dual-fuel gasoline/CNG and driven a few, the hardware is very similar to the LPG conversion kits, except for the tank and its valves. And CNG is not the same thing as LNG.

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    even if you have a landfill methane recovery plant you gotta transport the methane to places where the methane will be used

where's the pipeline?

there's no infratructure

another suggestion from outside

theory different from reality
    I've already seen some gas stations that had the CNG hauled with tanker trucks. Not exactly the most reasonable way to go but not impossible to deal with.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    Actually it doesn't really require a different engine type, I've already seen a lot of vehicles converted to dual-fuel gasoline/CNG and driven a few, the hardware is very similar to the LPG conversion kits, except for the tank and its valves. And CNG is not the same thing as LNG.

I've already seen some gas stations that had the CNG hauled with tanker trucks. Not exactly the most reasonable way to go but not impossible to deal with.
    Kindly read back where I mention that CNG-for-vehicles infrastructure is not yet available and auto-lpg is already available metro wide. This alone kills any potential for CNG in metro manila.

Hence any efforts to promote CNG will not work without massive expense.

A CNG tank is extremely heavy, more than one for LPG. Also a given volume of CNG does not go as far as LPG.

CNG system fittings may look similar to ones for Auto-LPG but they are made for difference operating pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    A CNG tank is extremely heavy, more than one for LPG. Also a given volume of CNG does not go as far as LPG.

CNG system fittings may look similar to ones for Auto-LPG but they are made for difference operating pressures.
    A CNG setup usually is intended to operate in a 200 to 220 bar setup instead of 15 bar like it's usual with LPG.

I'm actually not an enthusiast of CNG at all, exactly because of its weight.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    find out where the CNG terminal is located in the Philippines

then find out how many vehicles in the Phils. run on natural gas

then ask yourself -- with that tiny number of vehicles running on natural gas who in his right mind will invest in CNG tanker trucks? even if someone was crazy enough to buy a CNG tanker truck and drive it all the way to the CNG terminal to load up with CNG then drive it all the way to a gas station and transfer the CNG to a storage tank (which the crazy gas station owner has to build), how many customers do you think will drive up to that gas station to buy CNG?

chicken or egg situation

if there are too few CNG powered vehicles, nobody will invest in CNG infrastructure

if nobody will invest in CNG infrastructure, nobody will buy CNG vehicles or convert their vehicles to CNG
    Last edited by uls; March 1st, 2012 at 11:10 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mr. rooster, pls read this thread

http://tsikot.com/forums/miscellaneo...-ngvppt-73688/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12