New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Yes, probably.

So, may I humbly ask if you have solutions in your mind to improve our situation? Say our family, business and economics, transport and social development...
    Short of declaring martial law or going for a dictatorship government (or a nuke bomb exploding killing all senators, congressmen, the first family, etc), I don't see enough change would happen that would matter.

The Filipino as a people is so unfocused on anything that matters. They would give more attention to Willie's WOWWOWIE than with investigations of corruption. This alone is a clear message to all politicians that they can steal and do whatever they want and they can get away with it.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I have a suggestion!

People should learn how to fall in line. That's something many kids never learned from their parents. And the lack of that ethic is very evident on the driving habits of PUJ drivers! It's really a simple concept, but in it are all the virtues that all people will ever need. I bet we'd be number 1 again in Asia if we fall in line whenever we have to.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Short of declaring martial law or going for a dictatorship government (or a nuke bomb exploding killing all senators, congressmen, the first family, etc), I don't see enough change would happen that would matter.

The Filipino as a people is so unfocused on anything that matters. They would give more attention to Willie's WOWWOWIE than with investigations of corruption. This alone is a clear message to all politicians that they can steal and do whatever they want and they can get away with it.
    IMHO, here my thoughts.

I think your idea of killing all politicians and their families is a little bit far out but anyway, probably, in my opinion, can indeed help solve our problem because they are the main stumbling block to our progress.

As for the Filipino as a people is so unfocused on anything that matters is partly true.

Let us start first with demographics. Alot of Pinoys (absolutely poor)who are only after survival and nothing more (these are the Pinoys that constitute 30% of our population).The 10% constitute the richest Pinoys and some experts say control 60 percent of our economy. The rest are middle class that includes about 12 million (multiplied by 4 or 5 family members) OFW families.

So I guess, alot from all social classes are not focus on things that matters. For, instance the poor, after earning little will spend the money on vices. The midlle class ( a "fomer poor" OFW)used all his earnings when he went home for good for a condo unit, LCD TV, laptop and a luxury car after his contract expired. But without work after coming home, he has to sell all his belongings to apply again for abroad. And a rich guy (like that Lopez heir from Iloilo) spent all his inheritance on women and liquor.

But Im uncertain as to who pay more attention to wowowee than with investigations of corruption.

But Im sure those who join rallies denouncing corruption are those who dont watch wowowee.

My opinion is most Pinoys hate corruption but can they really do something about it? Especially, if the most powerful person in the Philippines will come up with an E.O. prohibiting government officials from testifying? Witnesses threatened with lawsuits or (like the witness in the Jocjoc Bolante case) are killed in mysterious circumstances?

Pinoys want to survive and want to have a good life. Problem is we excel individually but our nation is bled dry by vampires called Pinoy politicians.

Now, I guess, maybe, I will agree on your solution.
    Last edited by jpdm; September 26th, 2009 at 06:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I have a suggestion!

People should learn how to fall in line. That's something many kids never learned from their parents. And the lack of that ethic is very evident on the driving habits of PUJ drivers! It's really a simple concept, but in it are all the virtues that all people will ever need. I bet we'd be number 1 again in Asia if we fall in line whenever we have to.
    Agree here

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    may I sirs....

some might say there is still a chance to improve transportation for the better but i say there's none...unless we change the whole mode of transportation(i.e jeepney) but who will?....those politicians?...politics in our country is like a disease that has no cure. Our country is like a body(infected with the disease) just waiting to decompose and die...

Its more like saying renew the whole generation/population of the "pinoys"..just like in the times of Noah..(if there's somebody here believe this)but I do...

anyhow, obeying those laws on the road are still in my everyday habit..at least for myself...i will still show to my children how i obey traffic rules, as simple as it is, i know i'm already teaching them the basics on the road...aside from teaching(inside our home)them how important it is to obey and follow rules...

even without hope...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    may I sirs....

some might say there is still a chance to improve transportation for the better but i say there's none...unless we change the whole mode of transportation(i.e jeepney) but who will?....those politicians?...politics in our country is like a disease that has no cure. Our country is like a body(infected with the disease) just waiting to decompose and die...

Its more like saying renew the whole generation/population of the "pinoys"..just like in the times of Noah..(if there's somebody here believe this)but I do...

anyhow, obeying those laws on the road are still in my everyday habit..at least for myself...i will still show to my children how i obey traffic rules, as simple as it is, i know i'm already teaching them the basics on the road...aside from teaching(inside our home)them how important it is to obey and follow rules...

even without hope...
    There is hope.

The following are just some of the examples of how the Philippine government (despite all the corruption)is trying to improve our transport system.

LRT 1: Baclaran to Monumento (with new trains)

LRT 2: Santolan to Recto (Hyundai Rotem Trains)

MRT with Czech-made trains. There are plans to buy more Czech- made trains next year.

MRT-Edsa (with pretty passengers).

PNR (Tutuban-Alabang). More trains just recently arrived from Hyundai Rotem of Korea. Old trains (with GE locomotives and local Sta Rosa bus builders help)are now being rehabilitated.

The Bicol Express will be revived very soon. A Mindanao Railway is in the works.

With all these existing projects, the days of the jeepneys in major roads will be a thing of the past.

Eventually, they will just ply secondary routes in Manila and in the provinces.

There is always hope for this country.
    Last edited by jpdm; September 26th, 2009 at 09:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by prince777 View Post
    may I sirs....

even without hope...
    There is hope

if we correctly choose our next leader. it's not too late to make a change.

anyway, just as i am suggesting few pages back, the government should handle the WHOLE transport sector! a dictatorial government would probably help here to eliminate the existing transport sector. then the existing drivers may be hired again in the new transport system.

and also the corruption among the police including the traffic enforcers should be eliminated. they're the black sheep of the roads (of course aside from st*pid drivers)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    The days of jeepney in major Philippine cities are numbered....

The Taguig and Cebu governments are planning to put up (already in the works) a BRT (Bus Rapid Transit) System.
    This BRT for the C-5 route ( Boni Global-Makati) and Metro Cebu might look like this:

A BRT in Germany

Construction of the Northrail is on-going. Initially, the Caloocan-Malolos first will be opened. Then it will reach all the way to Clark in Pampanga. Hopefully, China, who provided the loans to Northrail Philippines will install this type of train:

This because the Philippine government was forced to pay China about close to 1 billion dollars in loans for the Northrail.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    thanks sirs for the enlightment!...that just me...

i'm pretty much aware of those developments in our transportation(even that slow) and it did make a change...at least for less.

i'm not being pssimistic though coz i still and will always remember that "while the sun is shining on the east everyday, there is hope!"....Really?

hope our future generation can tell us, that what we "hoped" was really fulfilled/happened...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ang aliw. May thread palang ganito. It just so happened that I chose the prevalence of jeepneys in the Philippines as subject for my term paper.

I think that there is a problem when we see jeepneys as a sign of "ingenuity" and "culture/tradition" just because we were able to make something out of the scrap trucks from WWII. I mean, how can we call it ingenious if it uses 4BA1 Isuzu engines from way back in the 80s? What exactly have we done new to the jeepney design aside from add rear seats and multiply its wheelbase by 5.

I know there is a need for mass public transportation that simply can't be answered by train systems (for example, Pasig-EDSA jeeps. imagine mo may tren dun). But I think that we should slowly progress to modernize the jeepney. The government has been too lenient with everything jeepney: emissions rules, safety requirements, even violations of jeepney drivers.

It saddens me how much of an example of how sick our country is the jeepney has become.

The Philippine Jeepney...