New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    would be front facing seats be viable?? it's more comfortable, and a left side entrance would also come handy. ala bus na!

btw, i suggest original pinoy designed jeepneys rather than front cuts with jeepney ends...no offense meant ha the iloilo jeeps looks like our "multicab" (zuk carry transformed as people mover or jeepnet) end but bigger and has a more handsome front end.

someone in one of the threads at tsikot design and research forum gave out a design of the "future" jeepneys. just forgot who it was! the concept was colored yellow looks good too.

Problem with front facing seats would be the maximum seating capacity of a jeepney would be cut to half, and jeepney owners would not sacrifice thier income, I guess. Sa province kasi medyo stiff na competition, hindi lang madami na jeeps, namimili pa mga pasajero ng jeep na sasakyan nila. Di rin sila sumasakay sa karag-karag, hehe. Unless there will be a law controlling the numbers of jeepneys on the road, so as to lessen competion thus still maximizing profit.

Bro, correction, those are not front-cuts, rather copies that are carefully handcrafted...with a twist. hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I think the redesign should have at least a tall rear cabin to ease entry and exit. I wouldn't mind how ugly it would look. And as for forward-facing seats, we may have to ban privately-owned public transport if we want that and let a corporation (or the government) to take care of business. The thing is, there are too many drivers with too many PUJs. We need more control over this transport sector. So here comes the "employer" so to speak, who employs ex-PUJ drivers for his/her new public transport system which is easily controllable. Ideal...ideal...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ang pogi ng mga design, sana matransfer to actual, hehe. Kung bibigyan naman ng incentives ng lgu's ang pag produce/operate ng bagong jeeps I think matutuloy ito. Mapili din ako sa jeep dati pag di nagmamadali.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I think the redesign should have at least a tall rear cabin to ease entry and exit. I wouldn't mind how ugly it would look. And as for forward-facing seats, we may have to ban privately-owned public transport if we want that and let a corporation (or the government) to take care of business. The thing is, there are too many drivers with too many PUJs. We need more control over this transport sector. So here comes the "employer" so to speak, who employs ex-PUJ drivers for his/her new public transport system which is easily controllable. Ideal...ideal...
    I think this already exists...parang ganun narin. Kasi for every franchised route meron yan Associations, Transport Operators and Drivers Association (TODA) so to speak. Problem lang is andami member and per member/operator sandamakmak yung sasakyan and not well organized, basta may sasakyan ka, may franchise ka, pwede ka na pumasada, kahit puputok-putok na yung tambucho at di na gumagana instrument panel. If these associations only have implemented strict rules, dito palang organized na sana, like: Setting a maximum number of operators (this is where the LTFRB enters the screen, sila kasi nagreregulate ng franchise), 2 units per operator lang and annual check-up of the units (besides the ones done by the LTO upon registration). If these were only realized...

A corportation handling the transport sector is a nice idea, problem is, will the government realize it? Kung oo man, will there be an initiative? Isa sa mahirap kalabanin na sector ng lipunan ang transport sector. But if there will only be an initiative, specially coming from the government...well, wala naman hindi nagagawa diba?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    oh akala ko front cuts.. hehe galing ng mga ilongo

taller jeepneys.. yes.. how about making the government handle all the public transportation stuff?(like what sir robert said) there will be no private jeepneys anymore. this way there will be no private owners to force to comply with the requirements. but the problem is, the employment of the current jeepney owners.

by then the ex-jeepney drivers will be hired as drivers for the next gen jeepney. they will be payed but the transportation is owned by the government. but i think a new system of paying should be formulated since the drivers might put the cash in their own pockets.

to have comfort, seating capacity should be sacrificed. imagine buses with side facing seats? what if they had this dreaded setup? it would be hell riding in one. same goes to jeepneys. the commuting public should have its call for comfort. by then maybe a longer body should be made to accommodate passengers as the jeepneys now does. a regular jeepney seats 10 each column so 20 all in all. i think it would be do-wable. like the bus setup, 4 front facing seats in each row (divided by the aisle) so there will be five rows. but i also think that it should be wider so the space for the aisle is not sacrificed.

then same goes. we have to fight corruption, the kotong cops might be around. even how strict we implement traffic rules and that drivers should pass under a seminar, but still there will be corruption in traffic enforcers themselves, it would all go to waste

tsk tsk. dapat from the start LTO already regulated and placed restrictions and requirements in jeepney assembly.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^I'd also add that jeepney drivers won't have to worry about the price of fuel if we use this corporate or government-operated public transport system. It's a win-win! We impose law and order, we create stable employment for those who are skilled, and economically, it sounds good.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    ...to have comfort, seating capacity should be sacrificed. imagine buses with side facing seats? what if they had this dreaded setup? it would be hell riding in one....

The long gone red colored JD Transit buses with wooded seats used to have this type of seating arrangement...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    diba side facing din ang LRTs and MRTs? pero i just rode in one once (i'm not manila based) so i can't really tell

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007

The Philippine Jeepney...