New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    but operating a bus as major public transport also means more maintenance equals more fare. i guess in middle to low income families, that's the main point of jeepneys. low fare for the masses. though maraming nagrereklamo sa mataas na fare ng jeepneys, noon e 4 petot lang. ehehe..'

maybe it is possible to change the LTO and/or LTFRB standards in jeepney assembling. maybe those seatbelts, proper headlights, rollcage ( for safety) and other safety features SHOULD come standard. present jeeps must be upgraded to meet the new standards. then i guess that will be the benefit of dictatorial government, para walang makapalag na tao sa utos ng gobyerno as long as it is rightful (depende sa leader ha) i also suggest to make it cab-forward design. to make the whole body shorter while keeping a good (or more) number of passengers can be accommodated at the same time.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Or we can phase out jeepneys entirely in the Metro and install tram systems instead!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the philippine jeepney... needs to be scrapped!

wala bang poll dito?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To come to think of it, the Jeepneys or its drivers are not the problem. It is this country's planning and implementation of a sound public transport system that sucks.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    To come to think of it, the Jeepneys or its drivers are not the problem. It is this country's planning and implementation of a sound public transport system that sucks.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    ^Yes. If we had public trams, buses operated by the government, and even subways, we'd probably be breathing a lot deeper than we do today.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCarEnthusiast View Post
    maybe it is possible to change the LTO and/or LTFRB standards in jeepney assembling. maybe those seatbelts, proper headlights, rollcage ( for safety) and other safety features SHOULD come standard. present jeeps must be upgraded to meet the new standards. then i guess that will be the benefit of dictatorial government, para walang makapalag na tao sa utos ng gobyerno as long as it is rightful (depende sa leader ha) i also suggest to make it cab-forward design. to make the whole body shorter while keeping a good (or more) number of passengers can be accommodated at the same time.
    Hangang smoke belching pala gov natin saka un sobrang karag-karag. Dun pa nga lang dami pa rin nakakalusot, eh ganitong restriction pa.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    ^Yes. If we had public trams, buses operated by the government, and even subways, we'd probably be breathing a lot deeper than we do today.
    Just like hindi na natin kayang hukayin pa mga kalye natin to improve sewerage system, too late na rin para pa mag install ng mga ganito.

Perhaps build a new city from scratch and build it the proper way with proper planning good for 50+ years.
    Last edited by hominid; July 5th, 2009 at 08:08 PM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    [SIZE=3]Imposible na iyan, kulang sa budget nanaman. And I doubt it if they will have the budget I doubt it if they can perfect it, eh kung yung mga daan pa nga lang, konting hukay tas pag binalik hindi na diretso. [/SIZE]

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    If anybody wants to see a public transportation that works, visit Singapore. The trains are wider, with more train cars than the ones we have at EDSA. Trains arrived every 2 to 4 minutes during peak hours, so you don't see people waiting for the train crowding the platform, the stairs and the sidewalk. The train stations are better designed, not like the dull concrete structures that we have.

In Singapore, buses service the places not accessible by the trains. And the buses do not belch smoke because these are well maintained. Other than the taxi, there are no public utility vehicles smaller than the bus. No tricycles, no jeepneys, no FXs. You walk to the bus stop or the train station.
    Last edited by donbuggy; July 5th, 2009 at 09:25 PM.

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
The Philippine Jeepney...