New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Buhay pa Sarao!

Sarao-made Ikot jeep DLSU-Dasmarinas
    Last edited by jpdm; December 14th, 2008 at 02:24 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Oh My God!

What kind of monster is this?

Straight from the movie Mad Max!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Maraming elitista dito, yung mga taong di nakaranas sumakay ng dyip.hehehe! Parang di nila natikaman ang sustansya ng pagkabata nila dahil di sila nakasakay sa dyip.
    anyway,maswerte sila at pinanganak silang mayaman.
    Yeah... so those of us who used to ride Jeepneys and buses 100% of the time don't hate the way the drivers drive? May mga times na sumasakay ako sa bus, jeep o tricycle na gusto kong bugbugin yung driver... sobrang bastos... sobrang kaskasero... parang nakasakay ka sa rollercoaster at di ka sigurado kung buhay kang makakarating sa bahay.

I wasn't born "poor", but we used to ride the bus for an hour just to get anywhere (promdi ako), I rode the tricycle all the time, and the jeep, often. I didn't get my driver's license till I was over 20, and even then, I still commuted, as I had no money for gas. In my years as a commuter, I've seen kids mowed down by jeeps... jeeps flipping end over end on the highway in the middle of the night... I've see drivers falling asleep at the wheel... sometimes, it was such a hassle being on an overcrowded jeep whose driver would wait another half hour for two more people who wouldn't fit that I got off and walked. I know dozens of people killed by speeding jeepneys and buses (province, eh...) and even a grand-aunt who was knocked over by a tricyle. This was in the 80s... nung medyo mabait pa yung mga drivers. Ngayon, sobrang arogante na yung mga iba...

Understood na trabaho lang yun... hanapbuhay... pero puwede namang gawing maayos yung trabaho. Driving isn't a right, it's a privelege given with responsibilities. Responsibility sa safety ng fellow motorists mo, ng mga pedestrians sa daan, at sa mga pasahero mo.

Forgive me for being "elitista", but I don't condone stupid driving from my fellow private vehicle drivers, and I won't condone it from PUV drivers. ;)

If they can't follow the rules, they should be taken off the road. Having lines run by strictly policed cooperatives using minibuses instead would be preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by yohc View Post
    Share ko lang.

San city kaya yun? Nakita ko yan last week... grabeng ganda ng engine bay niya!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The jeep is the forerunner of the Toyota Landcruiser, Mitsubishi Pajero and the HUMVEE. While these vehicles shows how far their country of origin developed the lowly jeep over the decades, our "jeepney" showcases the opposite...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    The jeep is the forerunner of the Toyota Landcruiser, Mitsubishi Pajero and the HUMVEE. While these vehicles shows how far their country of origin developed the lowly jeep over the decades, our "jeepney" showcases the opposite...
    That's a good observation! Add the Land Rover and Jeep Cherokee to the list...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Like most of our public transport, we prefer to artistically develop what we have instead of introducing real technological innovation and development. Nothing wrong with that though if you just want to impress the tourist.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The jeepney epitomizes us as a nation. No matter how colorful you make it appear outside its still a crude vehicle public transport. In addition, a lot of those driving them tend to think only of themselves to the detriment of other motorists and paying patrons.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Dunno why, I don't think the jeepney looks good...but that's me...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mga sir, may idea po ba kayo kung magkano ngayon ang latest model jeep ng melcar motor? (EVO 6) may branch po ba sila in Manila area? thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCHIE.ALMARIO View Post
    Mga sir, may idea po ba kayo kung magkano ngayon ang latest model jeep ng melcar motor? (EVO 6) may branch po ba sila in Manila area? thanks
    wala yata silang branch sa manila...but i'm not that sure...sa cagayan de oro lang ang nakita kong branch..EVO 5 pa ata ang latest model nila...600k ang price...naka pag tanong kasi ako eh

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
The Philippine Jeepney...