New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mahal pala ng Jeep ngayon....600k ang bagong labas talaga...mahal pa ata sa bighorn!!! hahaha

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Hmmm...loosely judging from your posts you boys either don't commute much or don't commute at all. ;) If the general public reads your comments, they'd probably think that we are a bunch of eletists pricks here in this fine community of ours.

I'm old enough to remember when jeepney drivers were not a road menace i.e. old timers that follow (well, not always but even us PV owners don't follow road ruls 100% oif the time 24/7) laws and rules. Sadly, jeepney drivers of the last two generations or so degenerated into real bad drivers who don't know diddly-squat on road laws and rules. I stress driver because it's the driver you should "hate", not the jeep. As with all vehicles, jeepneys are just tools and the tool is only as stupid as the person behind the tool.

I drove jeepneys during nights (for a year, when I used to live in Cebu: Basak - Colon route) years ago - just for the heck of it and I tell you, they live difficult lives and I tell you, a lot of PUV drivers "hate" PV owners. Hate begets hate.

Sure, jeepneys are outdated and old and I do agree that public transport in our country needs to be "revamped"/changed. Why, even former Pres. Ramos tried to get the jeepney of our roads but as long as there are Pinoys who earn less than or equal to the minimum wage, then jeepneys are here to say for the "unforseable" future. The jeepney is arguably the most cheapest way to mass transport people from one place to another (that is more than 4 kilometers.)

Also, why blame the government? Government can't think of every solution to all our woes. However, I do agree that they should at least take the lead in looking for an alternative solution.

Do I ride a jeepney? Sure I do! Sumasabit pa nga ako minsan. Why waste precious petrol if I can pay PhP 8.50 for my 4-kilometer trip to the market? Then again, different strokes for different folks.

Kayo ba eh marunong namang mag-commute, as in sumasakay sa jeepney? If yes, so all the time na sumasakay kayo sa jeepney eh you "hate it". Be clear: I'm not trolling or flaming - I just want to know if you have ever experienced riding jeepneys for a period of time, hinde yung isang beses or dalawang beses lang.

Nice one Nico........

Pero di mo masisi ang mga posters dito sa Tsikot. Marami rito, mayayaman. Hindi nakaranas ng hirap. (Swerte nila!)

Ako, nabuhay ako sa pagsakay sa jeepney noon & until now. Pagpasok sa school, sa office, pagsundo sa GF ko noon.......jeepney. Kaya di ko pwede pintasan ang jeepney. Dahil hanggang ngayon, nasakay pa rin ako ng jeepney, lalo na kung coding, at gamit ni Misis yung vehicles namin.

I also agree na ang problema, hindi ang jeepney, kundi yung mga tukmol na mga drivers na yan.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Nice one Nico........

Pero di mo masisi ang mga posters dito sa Tsikot. Marami rito, mayayaman. Hindi nakaranas ng hirap. (Swerte nila!)

Ako, nabuhay ako sa pagsakay sa jeepney noon & until now. Pagpasok sa school, sa office, pagsundo sa GF ko noon.......jeepney. Kaya di ko pwede pintasan ang jeepney. Dahil hanggang ngayon, nasakay pa rin ako ng jeepney, lalo na kung coding, at gamit ni Misis yung vehicles namin.

I also agree na ang problema, hindi ang jeepney, kundi yung mga tukmol na mga drivers na yan.

Definitely agree! Nice post!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hindi ako elitista. I still ride the jeepney when the need arises.

I still think it's inefficient and dangerous.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Nice one Nico........

Maraming elitista dito, yung mga taong di nakaranas sumakay ng dyip.hehehe! Parang di nila natikaman ang sustansya ng pagkabata nila dahil di sila nakasakay sa dyip.
    anyway,maswerte sila at pinanganak silang mayaman.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Makikiraan lang po. Bakit ba hindi sila gumawa ng jeepney na maganda ang turning radius? Bad trip kasi kung nag-ti-trip cutting ang jeepney sa harap mo. Mga 10 beses ata bago maka mani-obra! Tsaka kung liliko, mas malaki pa ang space na kinukuha nila kesa sa mga 6-wheeler truck!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Share ko lang.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    *yohc
    nice.. sa yo ba yan paps? mahal siguro nyan. magkano?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    First off, I use public transport 85% of the time I travel. Second, I ride the jeepney 30% of the time I use public transport. But I HATE the jeepney. I HATE every second that I ride in it (well, unless a chick sat beside me). It's a poorly designed, inefficient, uncomfortable, dangerous for passengers, and finally, a traffic hazard! And the drivers: they multiply the hate factor twice! There is absolutely nothing to be proud of in the jeepney, unless your idea of being proud in something includes brain-dead design and diesel-guzzling underpowered engines.

I suggest a total revamp of the jeepney. It should include:

>>1.5L common-rail diesel engine with the shortest possible gear ratios. Non-diesel guzzling and safe due to low top speed.
    >>Ultra-quiet mufflers.
    >>Short-length, wide, and tall cabin. As short as the Multicab's. Jeepneys nowadays seldom get full. That way, every jeepney is easy to fill up. It also won't be a waste of space.
    >>Non-reflective stainless body panels.
    >>Non-joke suspension. Should come along with power steering and non-joke steering radius.
    >>Disc brakes. In the front at least. With ABS.
    >>Handbrake/e-brake. For full stops uphill. No more clutch riding.
    >>Working instrumentation with "Overspeed" and FC indicator.
    >>Proper side and rearview mirrors.
    >>Properly aligned halogen headlights with fog lights. Not tree-spotlight.
    >>"STOP" string. Some drivers are nearly deaf. Pull to pull over.
    >>Backlit signboards.
    >>Windshield wipers. Some jeepney drivers have no idea what that is.
    >>Built-in 4 speaker sound system with volume limiter. That way, drivers will be discouraged to install subs and tinny tweeters.
    >>Power roll-down windows for the rear cabin.
    >>Ceiling-mounted blower vents similar to those found in the L300 Versa.
    >>NO mounts for extra lights/antennae/hood scoops/spoilers/horses. Those only add extra weight.
    >>Black box (with accelerometer, voice recorder, alcohol sensor, impact sensor) to be inspected by the LTFRB.

--The Perfect Jeepney--

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    this is where these pictures came from http://picasaweb.google.com/golbergs...sDecember2007#

Quote Originally Posted by yohc View Post
    Share ko lang.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
The Philippine Jeepney...