New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ako123456 View Post
    I have similar issue with the radiator fan blowing the opposite direction after replacing the non working fan. My electrician just switched connections between the two wires from fan motor to reverse the electrical polarity (+,-) and did correct the issue right away. Hope this helps.
    The fan has been fixed. They did change the polarity. Thank you for the advice! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    is your car locally sourced?
    if it is grey market, perhaps its thermostat is not the right one for our climate.

Another erroneous myth.
    The boiling point of water in Canada is the same boiling point in Manila. It all depends on the altitude and barometric pressure. Whatever happened to what we learned in high school? Did all the basic lessons learned change or disappear?
    It was imported from Japan, bought from Subic.

Might be. I don't understand either. Everything was working fine before. We've had the car for nearly a decade now, I think. (Although it was left unused for 3 years)

I think I would put the thermostat back (when I find a new or surplus one).

Thanks for your input!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by barako ba ma View Post
    is your car locally sourced?
    if it is grey market, perhaps its thermostat is not the right one for our climate.

Another erroneous myth.
    The boiling point of water in Canada is the same boiling point in Manila. It all depends on the altitude and barometric pressure. Whatever happened to what we learned in high school? Did all the basic lessons learned change or disappear?
    Bro.,- atmospheric pressure depends on the altitude..

Pero, hindi naman ganuon kalaki ang epekto ng altitude sa boiling point ng tubig...

Parang 1degC [lang] ang ibinababa for every 1,000 ft.... So, not that significant...

Parang mga kotse rito sa atin,- pwede mong gamitin sa Maynila o sa Baguio o sa Sagada,- na hindi mo kailangang magpalit ng thermostat....

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Engineers do make mistakes so does doctors. We're all humans, but before the car goes in production, it went through research and development. Whatever the oreeeginal thermostat opening temperature, follow that regardless your car is to be used in Nairobi or Vancouver. Uneducated advise by your mechanic or parts replacer should be verified by a competent and experienced technician.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Pasensiya na kakasali ko lang dito. Ang katunayan may tanong din ako.
    Gaano po kainam ang Valvoline Premium Conventional Oil 10w30 para sa Toyota Vios?
    Nakita ko po sa user manual, pwede ang mga sumusunod:
    5w30
    10w30
    15w40 and
    20w50

Maraming salamat po sa mga makakapagbigay ng honest na sagot ayon sa experience nyo po.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Best 5w30
    Worst 20w50

So in between is fine.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Best 5w30
    Worst 20w50

So in between is fine.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Maraming salamat!😃

Okay sa iyong pananaw, okay na ang conventional oil? Sabi mg mekaniko huwag na akong mag-synthetic. Ang mahalaga daw yung regular na oil change.

Salamat muli.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiyawkin View Post
    Maraming salamat!��

Okay sa iyong pananaw, okay na ang conventional oil? Sabi mg mekaniko huwag na akong mag-synthetic. Ang mahalaga daw yung regular na oil change.

Salamat muli.
    pwede rin naman. majority of owners kasi they change oil by distance. sa traffic natin hindi dapat distance ang basis. time based oil change interval ang kailangan. example 3-4 months for mineral oil. naka lagay din naman sa owners manual ang tamang oil change interval.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    pwede rin naman. majority of owners kasi they change oil by distance. sa traffic natin hindi dapat distance ang basis. time based oil change interval ang kailangan. example 3-4 months for mineral oil. naka lagay din naman sa owners manual ang tamang oil change interval.
    If you use the car regularly, you can opt for the distance traveled option. I did that with my Fiesta running 10k km for around 12 months and I had no issues at all. My ASX is now running around 6900 km since its last oil change (February this year) and Mitsubishi manual requires change oil every 8k km so I have a thousand kilometers to go.\

I use fully synthetic oil by the way.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you use the car regularly, you can opt for the distance traveled option. I did that with my Fiesta running 10k km for around 12 months and I had no issues at all. My ASX is now running around 6900 km since its last oil change (February this year) and Mitsubishi manual requires change oil every 8k km so I have a thousand kilometers to go.\

I use fully synthetic oil by the way.
    some of the newer cars are built with extended oci in mind. older vehicles didnt get that luxury... my elantra has one of the shortest oci even with properly spec oils lol. we cant engineer nor go beyond what manufacturers have already set. with oils being more affordable now, for me it just make sense to follow whats recommended.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast