New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    If you're a true Pinoy Petrolhead, you will definitely appreciate and celebrate today's event - the launch of Michel Motors' Gitano. Not only is this this Michel's first foray into designing and building its own cars (Michel is perhaps the foremost kit car maker in the Philippines), it is most likely the most ambitious attempt at building a Philippine-made sports car. It also has the distinction of being the first ever Philippine-made hybrid sports car.

Read more

Pinoy Petrolheads: Introducing the Michel Gitano

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The news might be a bit premature given the prototype car is not even complete and no price nor schedule of availability has been announced.

I would prefer to wait until we can have a finished car to poke our collective heads in and around before giving any sort of label to this beyond as a turn-key "kit" car.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the thing isnt even running yet

pinoy talaga

nauuna lagi ang hype and press release

remember all the hype and press release re PhUV?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why is it called a HYBIRD when it's powered by an electric motor?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Nope. It belongs in the "PHILIPPINE CARS" subforum....

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nope. It belongs in the "PHILIPPINE CARS" subforum....
    yeah

along with owner type jeeps

hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's actually the best fiberglass work I've seen locally. Damn... where can we go to see this in person?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hi guys,

as the author of the blog, i think it's best to clarify a few things:

ghosthunter: even the creators of the car will agree it's not a complete car. it's probably about 85%. what most people don't know, however, is that design took just 4 months, pre-production just 2 months, and actual build time just 3 months. and the car is essentially sold - a british automotive group has already signed the rights to distributorship in the UK. that being said, i do agree that there are a lot of things i'd love to see that aren't on the car yet - many of the design features and gadgets and trim pieces are not yet installed.

also, the gas engine is not quite done yet. i'll be posting pics of the engine bay soon - you will see a large space reserved for the combustion engine. not too sure on the timeline to install it, if it will make it for the SEMA show.

uls: the urgency was due to the shipping time to get to the SEMA show in las vegas. the show's organizer insisted it be in vegas a couple of weeks before the show (which means it must be there by mid-october, and with a one-month shipping time, it had to leave immediately), and some of the finishing will be done in the US. but the car's creators decided that they should let filipinos get the first look at the car before anyone else.

niky: it was a miracle rush job, so criticism is expected. hopefully it will be constructive criticism, since that will only help the car improve. but the compliments are appreciated, too.

in any case, hope you guys enjoy the pics.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    hi sir frag. still unfinished the project looks promising and also i heard theyre planning in the future to build cars that are in the P300k market which i think will be also beneficial here in the philippines. nalaman ko lang itong project na to from my uncle reggie coz he shared from fb your blog which turned out he's part of the team pala. altleast now people are aware that meron pala nito. cheers!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast