New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    do you already have the software to do this? open source? freeware ba? If I have a design, how much would it cost me to avail of this service(crash test) from you? I'm also dreaming to drive my own car designed by myself.
    Back in college, the micro-car design project I was in charge of was tested through FEA. The same went for the previous micro-car project before mine. So yes, DLSU has FEA. And that was over fifteen years ago!

If you are interested, why not try contacting the MEM department in DLSU-taft if they can process your design through their FEA program (if it still exists). Include what they need to input your design into the computer (will they need a CAD based design or a scale model or simple drawings with measurements on paper).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Back in college, the micro-car design project I was in charge of was tested through FEA. The same went for the previous micro-car project before mine. So yes, DLSU has FEA. And that was over fifteen years ago!

If you are interested, why not try contacting the MEM department in DLSU-taft if they can process your design through their FEA program (if it still exists). Include what they need to input your design into the computer (will they need a CAD based design or a scale model or simple drawings with measurements on paper).
    then that means, your design, and mine, will have to go through DLSU resources, our own resorces - like time and cost. leading to the fact that crash safety IS resource intensive.

If I provide us with an open source, linux-based, FEA software...and a 3D model of the car, would you help? - it shouldn't be that difficult because you had done it before. Or at least provide some basic tutorials. It will take me a longer time to figure it out myself kasi. and you seem to be an expert.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    then that means, your design, and mine, will have to go through DLSU resources, our own resorces - like time and cost. leading to the fact that crash safety IS resource intensive.

If I provide us with an open source, linux-based, FEA software...and a 3D model of the car, would you help? - it shouldn't be that difficult because you had done it before. Or at least provide some basic tutorials. It will take me a longer time to figure it out myself kasi. and you seem to be an expert.

Unfortunately, all I did (with the FEA) was provide the accurate scale model to the guy who did the actual FEA input and output.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Unfortunately, all I did (with the FEA) was provide the accurate scale model to the guy who did the actual FEA input and output.
    bummer. our design wont see the light of day after all. limited resources.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bummer. our design wont see the light of day after all. limited resources.
    Why not inquire at the College of Engineering at DLSU? It won't cost you more than a couple of phone calls and few minutes of your time to explain your requirements to the chairman of Manufacturing Engineering. Who knows, he might give you access to what you need for free?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Source: http://www.journal.com.ph/index.php?...c=4&aid=102384

September 08, 2009 06:28 PM Tuesday

[SIZE="4"]Conversion ng LPG sa jeep, pinamamadali
    [/SIZE]
    By: Jun Icban-Legaspi

MULING umapela ang isang transport group kay Transportation and Communications Secretary Leandro Mendoza na atasan ang Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) na bilisan ang proseso ng re-powering program ng conversion ng 100% Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) sa mga pampasaherong jeep.

Ang panawagan ay ginawa ng grupo ng Makati Jeepney Operators Driver’s Association (MJODA) matapos makumpleto ng mga ito ang lahat ng requirements na hinihingi ng DoTC at LTFRB.

Sinabi ni Jun Cerio, pangulo ng MJODA, na naibigay na nila lahat ang mga kaukulang mga dokumento na kailangan ng DoTC at LTFRB para sa programa sa ilalim ng Land Transportation Modernization Program ni Sec. Mendoza at Pangulong Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

Ayon kay Cerio wala nang dahilan ang LTFRB sa ilalim ng pamumuno ni Chairman Alberto Suansing upang ma-delay pa ang program dahil binigyan na ito ng clerance at ng kaukulang pondo ng Pangulong Arroyo nitong nakalipas na buwan lamang.

Ang programa ay nakapasa na rin sa lahat ng kaukulang requirements ng iba’t-ibang ahensiya ng gobyerno sa ilalim ng Clean Air Act gaya ng Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), Department of Energy (DoE), Land Transportation Office (LTO), Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), TESDA at maging sa LTFRB mismo.

Ayon sa mga opisyales at miyembro ng MJODA halos dalawang taon at kalahati silang nagtiyagang antayin ang programang ito kung kaya’t walang dahilan para maghintay pa muli sila ng matagal dahil kumpleto na sila ng lahat ng requirements test sa inter-agencies na kaalam sa programa.

Ayon sa MJODA may libu-libong pamilya ang naghihintay sa programa upang kanilang mapakinabangan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwkErzConQ0[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Is it just my eyes or ... are those spark plug hi-tension wires that I am seeing on that LPG-Jeepney engine, is it still a CI or an SI engine already?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post
    Is it just my eyes or ... are those spark plug hi-tension wires that I am seeing on that LPG-Jeepney engine, is it still a CI or an SI engine already?
    LPG-jeepneys are using spark-ignited engines. Basically gasoline engine converted to run on Auto-LPG.

Converting diesel engines to run on Auto-LPG requires more expensive conversion and would still require a percentage mix of diesel & LPG during normal operation.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    LPG-jeepneys are using spark-ignited engines. Basically gasoline engine converted to run on Auto-LPG.

Converting diesel engines to run on Auto-LPG requires more expensive conversion and would still require a percentage mix of diesel & LPG during normal operation.
    Thanks for the info... I figured it would go into that approach since it will be more cheaper that way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Lpg jeepney