New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Your best bet, buy a semi-synth if you are on a budget (change every 5K KM), fully synth if you are not change every 10K KM).

Do not use flushes. Think of it this way. Get your glass, lagyan mo ng water and Joy dishwashing fluid, paikot-ikotin hanggang bumula, then just pour it out. Then, fill glass with drinking water. Will you drink the water? Ganyan din ang flush. Naiiwan sa loob ng makina which will degrade your new oil. Flush the toilet lang dapat ang nasa vocabulary mo.

As for additives, they are mostly either PTFE (Teflon) which is a solid which will either be filtered by your filter or get stuck in some places they are not supposed to be which may cause oil starvation or Zinc which most regular oils have. Increasing this will not increase the protection.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for all the feedback people! hehe! really usefull! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    just remember, there's one born every minute. and those advertisers are counting on you to be one of them, suckers!

PET and other ptfe-based additives -- ptfe is teflon. since teflon does not stick to anything*, how will it adhere to the piston rings and cylinder walls? answer to your question - it does not work. i ruined the engine of my first mazda 323 with ptfe, i needed to overhaul after 3 years. i never used it on my second mazda 323 (loyal ko sa mazda ano, naka-2 na 323 ako hehehe!) and the engine lasted 6-1/2 years without overhaul. taxi itong dalawang ito ha so the odometer reading was way-way up!

*teflon on frying pans don't actually adhere to the metal, it is retained by a chemical bond to a polymer coating and it is that polymer that adheres to the metal, not the teflon molecules.

motor up -- reduced the mileage of my lancer from 10 km/liter city driving and 16+ km/l highway down to 6km/l city and 12 km/l highway. took me 2 oil changes before i got my original mileage back. answer to your question - don't use it, it makes your car inefficient.

X1R -- well, i don't believe in those fantastic claims anymore. i learned my lessons a long time ago!

as for the claim of add616reneb for his cyberlube, no comment. same as your ego turbocharger mr. add616reneb? another invention of the year ba ito? 5000km to 20000km oil change? imho, claims that are too good to be true are just like that, not true. question lang on the name, CYBERlube? reminds me of cyberspace, as in VIRTUAL? EXISTING IN ONE'S IMAGINATION?

uh-oh, do i hear mr. yamot posting a reply to my post?!!!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by yebo
    as for the claim of add616reneb for his cyberlube, no comment. same as your ego turbocharger mr. add616reneb? another invention of the year ba ito? 5000km to 20000km oil change? imho, claims that are too good to be true are just like that, not true. question lang on the name, CYBERlube? reminds me of cyberspace, as in VIRTUAL? EXISTING IN ONE'S IMAGINATION?

uh-oh, do i hear mr. yamot posting a reply to my post?!!!
    CYBERLUBE is another Filipino Invention. For more details- Vvsit: http://www.cyberlink.net.ph/cyberlube_call.htm

CYBERLUBE is a quality lubricant (not an additive). It is too good and it is true! CYBERLUBE exists but not worth existing in your virtual imagination.:freak:

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ok ung x1R kasi sinubukan ung lubricant n yun sa big bike ng utol ok naman ang kinalabasan eh less vibration kaya ok naman. wala naman masam kung su2bukan nyo kasi its just a oil........

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    better not try it..if ever it provides more damages, its not worth taking the risk in trying to go after that performance gain. taking the RISK of having to do an overhaul defeats the CHANCE of getting that performance gain.

just check out the article of theveed with the title the "truth about oil additives (again), there's alink above, it really answers all questions..from running with no oil to its use in racing..pati sa car maintainance bibles nandun rin haha

yung x1-R nga may sinasabi about it being NASA certified na or something..well, there is also this conspiracy theory that NASA never went to the moon anyway and others..so dont take the risk nalng hehe just buy good oils..yan at least sigurado pa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
X1R / Motor Up