New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    tanong ko lang if its a good idea to install lowering springs in your SUV just for looks? my SUV has a 16" rims (stock) and im wondering how it would look if i lower it a bit and then change rims and tires as: 19" with 55 tires.

would this void the warranty for the car?

I wouldn't do it, it defeats the purpose of buying an SUV.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    depende sa SUV.. ano ba auto mo?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nevah!!!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    change rims/wheels pero not lower it...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    change rims/wheels lang din ako kung may money ako..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing

but on the other hand... 99% of the time most SUVs will never see a dirt trail. The most offroading it would ever do would be a unpaved parking lot somewhere in the city.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i'll never put one. it defeats the purpose of getting an SUV (we got one primarily so that we wouldn't worry much about floodwaters, another is the bad road that we have leading in and out of our place).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as per US law the dealer who denies your warranty claim has to prove that your modification directly caused the defect or failure for the warranty to be voided. that means that they might have a case if your stock shock absorbers fail or your alignment gets messed up, but not if your engine fails or your radio stops working.

this law is discussed in detail on the SEMA website if you're interested in reading up on it.

as for whether it makes sense, i guess you wouldn't be able to take the truck offroad anymore. but if that doesn't matter to you then go for it kung yun ang trip mo. some SUV's (particularly the big american ones) look damn good when they're lowered...but i draw the line at chrome spinners :hihihi:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
would you install lowering springs in your SUV