New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ,,Mga pwendships...I'm looking for a workshop or machineshop,,...talyer...na kayang bumuhay ng daihatsu hijet..with a few mods,,,kung pede palitan makina to a bigger one,,make it look like a 4WD using bigger wheels...body repair and,,paint job...:btw:...for sentimental reasons why i wanted to bring my old mini van back to life..thnks,,,,merry christmas po

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pede ata ang 3 or 4k toyota engine sa daihatsu. Now about putting bigger tires, you might get into gearing problems as your diffs can handle stock size tires to as much as plus 1 to 2 inch difference in diameter. Why don't you consider getting a suzuki super carry that's already 4wd.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hijet (the refrigerator)...sir suggest ko the best mods mo dyan ay mukhang "lowered" on bling-blings.

Go for a 14" rim and small profile tires (just make sure that the outside diameter from the stock is similar).

Then full body repair mo and add bumper, chins and fender kits (malamang pasadya) to create the "lowered" look.

Then sa engine, I suggest that you maintain the stock engine but just keep it in tip-top condition. Using a K&N or any other better air-filter will do some ooomp sa tunog.

Hindi bagay ang 4x4 look kung hindi naman pick-up version yan. A minivan na mataas will probably kill you because of the high center of gravity. IMO a minivan na lowered would be better looking.

Sa shop, almost anybody can do a body work. Pero before going for it, planuhin mo muna ang final look and your budget.

Workshop To Mod..well,,,bring My Daihaysu Hi-jet ,,literally Back To Life