New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    try BOSCH ICON (AERO) frameless wiper. swabe and noiseless pa. ito kasi nakakabit sa dmax ko and i'll say na talagang ok ang wiping capability nya. available at WARREN binondo (2441776, 2441775)

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    pansin ko lang... yung NWB gamit ko swabe. nung nag palit ako ng Bosch di smooth yung first several wipes pero after that ok na.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I just recently bought r tech banana type wipers. And, it sucks! The plastic mounts easily break. They do not work very well, too. When you're using them, you will see streaks left behind. You really can't expect to be satisfied with cheap wiper blades like these. Just invest on more reliable brands to get better performance. For your washer fluid, try to use purified water instead of tap water, and add a small amount of car shampoo. Also, polishing or buffing your windshield will significantly improve the performance of your wipers.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Kayang-kaya i-DIY yan.

Been using Glass Science Glass Scrub for a year. Mga twice a month application kung tagulan, smooth na smooth laro ng wipers. Last application ko nito (since tag-araw naman ngayon), nung January pa. Also, nag 1 year old na yung wiper blades ko nung Jan. 30, 2009 as well and wala pang problem.

For clarification, this is NOT a coating you apply on the windshield like Rain-X. It's basically a very very fine "rubbing compound" for the windshield. It's for removing watermarks and road dirt that would otherwise affect wiper performance and longevity.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Kayang-kaya i-DIY yan.

Been using Glass Science Glass Scrub for a year. Mga twice a month application kung tagulan, smooth na smooth laro ng wipers. Last application ko nito (since tag-araw naman ngayon), nung January pa. Also, nag 1 year old na yung wiper blades ko nung Jan. 30, 2009 as well and wala pang problem.

For clarification, this is NOT a coating you apply on the windshield like Rain-X. It's basically a very very fine "rubbing compound" for the windshield. It's for removing watermarks and road dirt that would otherwise affect wiper performance and longevity.

where and how much is that?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ Got it from Blade for P495. Sulit na rin kasi one year na ito at meron pang 1/4 to 1/3 natitira.

I usually apply this sa front and rear windshields. Sa side windows, yung natitirang stuff nito sa basahan ang ginagamit ko.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenz75 View Post
    Hi! Need help regarding my wiper. Everytime ginagamit ko wiper parang hirap sya kasi dumidikit sa salamin, parang hirap mag slide, maingay, minsan na stuck sya sa gitna, bosch yung wiper, mga 3 months pa lang ginagamit. When I put oil sa wiper nagiging okay, pero after a while ganun na naman. Is it a problem sa salamin or dun sa quality ng wiper? Thanks!

lorenz,
    the most common material used to make wiper blades is neoprene, a rubber like material. the material used for the wiper blades is more of rubber type. just like your prophylactics, you do not use vaseline ( a petroleum product) as this will melt the material and leave residue on your windshield. even if you replace the wiper blade refills, the windshield is coated with the old gum. the best solution for you is to purchase a good set of wiper blade refills and to clean the windshield with "dawn dishwashing liquid R, or with simple green R, or kleenol degreaser whichever is available". if you can not find these products locally, you can use the coffee leftover from your percolator ( we use these on aircraft windshields which are exposed to extreme temperatures compared to your car), let it dry up in ambient temperatures and wipe with paper towel. you can see clearly then
    jick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
wiper problem