New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    a bottle of distilled water with few drops of diswashing liquid soap will do the trick

2. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Iv been buying bug washer fluid from Peak. 3 big containers already cost me 750pesos. Im a heavy user. I use the washer fluid daily because I need maximum visibility (nighttime)driving at the limit of 120kph

since summer na the bugs are a nuisance. hence going for this product. it really does remove them. kainis lng i have to clean the headlights in the mornings..

FOCUS
    Really use lots. How often change a pair of wiper blades then?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I havent changed my wiper blades for years. What i do: I have my windshield detailed every 1-2 years, i always wipe the blades and the windshield using a california car duster.

Oh and the car is always parked in a covered parking area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Tap water will do for most bugs and dirt.

If you are lucky tailgated a Japayuki bus spewing oil from behind then your windshield is drenched with oil and its raining hard at pit dark evening on a 2-way national hiway, brake and parts cleaner and plenty of tissue/ newspaper will be very helpful.
    This happened to me resulting to zero visibility and glare from the oil, good thing i always bring brake cleaner and tissue/newspaper, and luckily a spare wiper blade re-fill since it is due for replacement also.
    where can get refill ?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Yang View Post
    where can get refill ?
    the blade refill?
    sa mall auto accessories stores, po. i SM.

the complete assembly is more expensive than just the rubber blade. price range is large.
    if complete assembly, one should know the size length. measure yours, or bring it for comparison.

for the rubber blade only, they are sold in pairs of one long length only. we cut it to fit our vehicle. also, there are two blade or spine size diameters. if you buy the wrong one, you will have to modify your blade holder using long nose pliers. it's not impossible, "just a little difficult".
    also, one has to know how to remove the outgoing blade.
    and for some reason, some stores place them behind other items. either you ask the salesperson, or you look behind the items yourself.
    the first time replacement of blade is attempted, it is difficult. the subsequent ones are just like replacing a ballpen refill.

some post-ers mentioned buying theirs from the casa.
    i have no experience with this.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Had a bad experience with those blue washer fluids. The hood of my car had a stain. Even on the door sills where the washer fluid drains. It left a white residue that looks impossible to remove.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by non-vtec View Post
    Had a bad experience with those blue washer fluids. The hood of my car had a stain. Even on the door sills where the washer fluid drains. It left a white residue that looks impossible to remove.

thats from the tank siguro from the hard water. my tank is extra clean. almost 300,000km and only soft water in..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123