New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I notice that my windshield washer reservoir is leaking so i removed it and checked for cracks... the leaked was coming from the washer pump and gasket area... is the a way i can do this on my own? the pump is still working but i think the rubber gasket is worn out... should i replace the pump and gasket or the gasket only? where can i buy this? and is there a shop where i can buy it and they will install it for free? and how much is the pump, gasket and labor if ever? thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by batusai_jr View Post
    I notice that my windshield washer reservoir is leaking so i removed it and checked for cracks... the leaked was coming from the washer pump and gasket area... is the a way i can do this on my own? the pump is still working but i think the rubber gasket is worn out... should i replace the pump and gasket or the gasket only? where can i buy this? and is there a shop where i can buy it and they will install it for free? and how much is the pump, gasket and labor if ever? thanks a lot

From experience, it's better to have the entire part replaced as a whole.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    di ba O-ring lang naman seal nyan, why not replace the O-ring? or have you considered silicone sealant? whichever of the 2 solutions you choose it's a P100 quick fix vs P3000 replacement?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    yes O-ring, i asked a few auto supply shops here in balintawak but they have none of that kind. where can i buy it other that banawe?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    afaik o-rings from wurth are excellent. Seems odd na wala dyan sa Banawe. Any shop dito sa amin may mga o-rings na binebenta eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    O-Ring at sealant will do.. ang dami nyan sa banawe

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    afaik o-rings from wurth are excellent. Seems odd na wala dyan sa Banawe. Any shop dito sa amin may mga o-rings na binebenta eh.
    they offer the whole reservoir, pump and gasket as a one

Windshield washer reservoir Leak