New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    CASA Was bragging that the rubber comes from Japan which I believe mas malamig sa atin.
    ARGH

Decisions! Decisions!

Damn Free Trade! hehehehehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    based on experience from aguila quezon ave...

they asked me to buy the moulding direct from isuzu or walco, they were honest to tell me about the additional mark-up if they will do the sourcing blah blah. Glass installed was made in china

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    CASA Was bragging that the rubber comes from Japan which I believe mas malamig sa atin.
    ARGH

Decisions! Decisions!

Damn Free Trade! hehehehehe
    di naman talaga LAPAT ang mouldings.... sa taas may gap talaga kunti at may canal talaga dyan, for the water to drip..

to convince yourself (as what the installer did) papara ka ng taxi he he he, and pry open the moulding on his windshield.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Modern windshields are glued on. Kaya ang lapad ng 'black out' nila sa paligid. The black paint hides the adhesive.

So that they won't have to be burdened with making the edges of the blackout paint straight, they use paint dots near the edges. Also called a 'dot matrix'. I forgot the Banawe-speak for the dot matrix. I think they call it the 'flower'. Why? I don't know. hehehe.

Aguila din ginamit naman na salamin when the windshield of my dad's oldie Benz (a '72 W115) got shattered quite a few years ago. AFAIK, nagamit pa ulit yung mouldings (or wala na lang kaming mahanap na pamalit). Wala naman naging problema up to the time the vehicle was sold.

Ordinary glass cannot be used in automotive glass.
    Sadly, they do. Lalo na sa mga owner type jeeps, backyard AUV's, etc. Ito yung kapag nabasag akala mo giant slices of pizza. Triangle na matatalim.
    May nasakyan akong jeepney, ordinary glass sheet din ang windshield.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Otep: Rephrase - "Should not" hehe.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Any comments on XYG Laminated Glass?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try going to Republic Asahi, they manufacture glass panels for many car brands.

When i accidentally smashed our L300's windshield, we got it for around 1,200 (lamisafe) i think while Mitsu back then quoted 7,500 for the same thing.
    Last edited by Horsepower; December 5th, 2006 at 02:12 AM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang problema lang sa local ay ang molde ng glass kung wala pa available. kadalasan mga3x bago maperfect or kung minsan dinadaya lang kaya resulta water leaks at wind noise

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi guys! newbie here. I can't post a new thread yet but I hope I can get help from you guys. I had my toyota corola windshield replaced at banaue just a month ago only to have it found it broken again yesterday! I was just wondering it if has just to do with quality(which seems pretty obvious) or does the fact that the weather is extremely hot when we were traveling through the NLEX while having the aircon set into high makes it more vulnerable? A few drops of rain made the windshield shatter into small pieces. by the way, I think the windshield installed was only tempered. Does laminated ones have more resistance to weather conditions. I want to have it replaced as soon as possible but I want to make sure I'm getting a good(if not the best) windshield. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
windshield