New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I remember this CDI about 20 yrs. ago! hehehe
    I assembled one for my old Ford cortina and what do you know? It worked! You should buy the old Electronics Enthusiast magazine with the article about it when you buy the kit. I don't know if the article is included in the kit so you should make sure. The wiring to your engine electricals is simple enough. The problem is if you have the skills in assembling/soldering the electronic components on the circuit board.

Also make sure that the case will be waterproof and place it on the engine compartment where water will not reach it. (Rain or floodwater!) Good luck!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Nakagawa na ako nun..actually, nilagyan ko pa nga ng switch, from electronic ignition to conventional ignition (para in-case na magka-trouble sa electronics, you'll still be rolling kasi naka-conventional ka), and also, nilagyan ko din ng staller (means that, mag-crank lang sya, walang kuryente sa ignition system). nakapag-kabit na ako sa mga corolla at lancer box type, ganun din sa mga owner type jeeps, at yung mini austin...basta lahat ng makina na gumagamit pa ng contact point.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ipost mo naman complete details nyan dual ignition (electronic - conventional)... baka merun ka ring pictures to follow.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    wildthing,
    sori, wala akong mapo-provide na pictures. alam mo ba yung kit na galing alexan (nai-post ni kinyo)? minodify ko lang yung circuits nya. dun sa diagram kit, walang switch para sa conventional, electronic at staller. Yung conventional pala means you gonna still use the contact point, as in yung original ignition system ng kotse, yung electronic ay yung electronic device, at yung staller naman ay naka "neutral"..walang kuryente. ginamitan ko ng 3-way toggle switch.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ripperripz View Post
    Question: I have a lancer boxtype. Why is that my contact point wont last long. Bakit lagi burnout yung tip nung contact point. Any Idea/Solution para maayos ang problemang ito? Your answer will be a great help to my problem. Thanks
    How can you say the your contact point "won't last long?".... If it's non- functional (as in it won't last long),- then you can't start your engine as it channels the spark to your spark plugs at the precise moment of the engine cycle....You can also adjust this by revolving your distributor. However, I suggest that you use a timing light to check or validate.

Normally, you just clean it(contact point) by running a fine sandpaper in between the contacts. And then, wiping it clean by cloth.

Are you using the right value for your condenser?

Is the resistor still in series with your coil? Or, was it bypassed?

3808:fish:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Why is that my contact point in my lancer boxtype wont last long