New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Who works on your car?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • owner changes oil and minor maintenance work(mechanic for major work)

13 48.15%
  • mechanic does all maintenance work

13 48.15%
  • owner does all maintenance work

1 3.70%
  • owner drives the car until the engine explodes

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i used to do a lot of things myself (but nothing major) but not anymore. first, i moved away from my car nut friends in California so nawala yung free labor ko. then i got spoiled by BMWUSA's offer of free maintenance for 3 years, so tinigil ko na.

besides, like someone already said, cars have gotten so complex even over the past 5 years. the Touareg is so complicated and loaded with gadgets that i think you need a dual degree in auto mechanics and computer science to work on this thing.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi
    Good! hehehe!
    natuto na ako russ. bwesit kasi last time mechanic hindi marunong kumuha ng spark plugs na putol tuloy

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange
    Finchy18, it's good that you want to learn more about your car. I find that if you know how things work then even if you decide to go to a mechanic you can't be screwed by phantom repairs. My dad was a heavy equipment mechanic so I learned alot fom him about the basics. Try using a Fumoto valve for your plug to make oil changes easier. fumoto website
    thanx sir sa info!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I used to do things under the hood pag alam ko. sparks, oil, lights, all the belts even change break pads and shoe. I have also tried changing Bearing and CVJoint... thats about it... i tried opening the top engine cover to check on the alignment of the rocker arm... all the rest i leave it to the mechanic...

im expecting a new car this september... this one doesnt have carb... i guess im leaving this to the mechanic..)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Who works on your car?