New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Just want to ask if anyone had some ideas on this one.
    I had referred my problem here pertaining to a clutch problem (may drag sa pag primera) and just as adviced, the problem was with the pressure plate. Pinalitan na rin ang clutch disk and release bearing. Okey na sana kaya lang I noticed this whinning sound on reaching around 40kph and onwards. Sumasabay siya sa tunog ng makina. Para bang sa M35 (6x6 truck ng military) na ang muffler ay nasa itaas. Ganun na ganun ang sound pero mahina lang. Any inputs would be appreciated. By the way, my vehicle is a revo gas. TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    whinning sound on reaching 40 kpm? probably unbalanced wheels or worn out wheel bearings. better check kung related sa clutch yung problema. pa-diagnose mo kay zee kung san nanggagaling yung tunog

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    bago mo pinalitan ang clucth and release bearing,andyan na ba yung whinning soun?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sorry kulang ng "d" yung sound ko,pakidagdag na lang pls.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Salamat sa mga nag reply. The sound started just after the clutch repair. I doubt if it's related with bearing or with alignment kasi ang tunog eh sumasabay sa pag apak mo ng gasolina. As you rev, sumosunod din ang whinning sound. Anyway, thanks a lot.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by evag View Post
    Salamat sa mga nag reply. The sound started just after the clutch repair. I doubt if it's related with bearing or with alignment kasi ang tunog eh sumasabay sa pag apak mo ng gasolina. As you rev, sumosunod din ang whinning sound. Anyway, thanks a lot.
    try mo daw muna idiagnose ang release bearing.

to diagnose if it is a faulty throw out bearing/release bearing:

set the parking brake for safety.
    shift the lever to neutral position.
    start the engine and let it run to idle.
    depress the clutch and rev the engine from idle to 1000 to 1500 to 2000 rpm hanggan sa makuha mo yung rpm ng 40 km/h (which is the whinning sound can be heard).

if you dont hear a whinning noise at this time,that indicate a good release bearing.baka nga out of alignment ito.misalignment kasi ang cause ng bearing (except release bearing) and other parts ,specialy pressure plate to get bad

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Ano ba ride mo? FWD ba? If it is, then they would've had to remove the halfshaft in order to bring down the transmission. So pwedeng nagalaw yung bearing either nung pagtanggal or pagbalik. It's remote, but still possible since the symptoms you describe usually point to the wheel bearing.

whinning sound on reaching 40 kpm