New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    more or less.. i wrote down the odometer readin on the tire receipt upon purchase and i cant remember the mileage i wrote 😅

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by poknet View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Happened to me and nothing serious happened as long as you dont panic. The cause of understeer is panic braking when it happens.

Sorry didn't quite get that, what happened to you? A front or rear blowout?

Anyway, my point (and the point of all articles I linked), is that in a panic situation, understeer is easier to correct than oversteer, hence the recommendation to always put new tires in the rear if replacing just one pair.

If you don't panic, both a front and rear blowout are manageable.

In any case, if you feel that the advice of all the reputable links I posted aren't correct, then it's your choice. Have a safe drive!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    How is this possible? A cheap P4k tire run for 50k kms is already P0.32/km (4 tires)
    Mas mura gulong sa ibang bansa, mas maganda daan sa ibang bansa.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by poknet View Post
    Respectfully disagree. Happened to me and nothing serious happened as long as you dont panic. The cause of understeer is panic braking when it happens.

Again, for experienced drivers, madali sabihin na don't panic, don't hit the brakes.

Pero for new drivers/car owners, I suggest that you follow/read what the experts say.

I've experienced masabugan ng tire in front and back sa NLEX and as I posted earlier, mas madali icontrol yung rear ang sumabog kesa sa harap. (dry conditions, di ko ilulusob sa damp/wet roads yung car ko kapag kalbo na)

One thing to consider before nyo istretch yung life ng tires...

Nung nasabugan ako, ubos yung tire, sira yung rim and pati yung plastic sa loob ng fender sira... Mas malaki pa nagastos ko in the end

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213