New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    on our diesel van:

insert key
    turn to on position
    turn off any accessories/gadgets that is turned on (to reduce the load)
    wait for glow plug light to come off
    wait for airbag, abs, seatbelt and other warning lights to come off
    crank the engine
    (as the engine is about to tumble i press on the accelerator slightly)

for our carburated car:

insert key
    turn to on position
    turn off any accessories that is turned on ( to reduce load )
    wait for warning lights to come off
    press accelerator slightly to feed fuel into the carburator float.
    crank the engine

on our efi car:

insert key
    turn to on position
    turn off any accessories that is turned on ( to reduce load )
    wait for warning lights to come off
    crank the engine

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i just turn the key, no need to wait. then as soon as the check engine light, abs, oil pressure, etc turn off i put in gear and drive off (slow speed and not more than 30 kph until the engine temp reaches normal).

the only time i had to wait to turn the key to start was when i used my friend's acura before, kasi automatic yung seat belt. it won't let you start the engine until the seat belt slides into place for both driver and passenger.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Iba iba pala ang procedure ninyo. Works well for different cars/people. But before starting you should check if the gear is in neutral, park brake is engaged, the mirrors (side and rear)and seats are in the right position.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    but how about those cars with auto start? i mean? when you 'remotely' auto-start your car, paano yung procedure nun? does it go from 'I' to 'II'? or diretso ignition? is there any 'bad' effect(s) sa car? I know that this might not be applicable (but if owner insists) sa mga manual (stick-shift) cars, as other people park their (manual) cars as: hand-brake and in 1st gear (while others leave it in neutral). Auto tranny would have it in park mode (with the hand brake enabled).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    me i only use auto engine start or ung remote lng kapag nag emergency ako or padali pero minsan lng yun... kasi carb sa akin hindi ko auto engine start kasi alam ko nman hindi mag start lalo ng pag malamig ang makena.. ganun lng.. no problem po engine start bsta good condition ang makenina tapos sa manual nka neutral at syempre hand break.. sa a/t i think nka park light ang car mo..

auto engine start kapag nka gear on or nka first gear .. i saw one vehicle pag start nya ayun parang gustong mabungo pa sa pader.. buti nlang malayo sa pader pag start nya. =)

mga bros ang mga sagot nyo sa post nato andun sa manual nyo. grabe dun lng pala lahat rami kapa matotonan dun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mgbrillo
    other people park their (manual) cars ..... in 1st gear.
    bad, very bad! sa mga jeepneys lang yan kasi walang hand brake. you know why it's bad? kasi pag nabangga ang car nyo while parked and gears shifted to first e guess what could happen to the tranny and engine. remember the gear ratio (tranny plus differential), 1 ikot ng wheel results into 4+ ikot ng engine. pwede mabasag ang gears sa tranny, pwede mabasag connecting rod. especially kung sa harap nabangga since the car moves in reverse while shifted to first, baluktot valve stems dyan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    thanks yebo.. i'll keep that in mind next time I get the chance to drive a manual tranny vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    uy si Mark ka ba?, si Oliver ito, tagal ko na hindi tambay dito sa tsikot. Sa U.S. na kayo ni misis?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by graphire
    bro bakit yung 323 ko wala na kong beep naririnig. as soon as i position key to II i'll hear hums and lights on indicators sa dash. I dont start it right away... minsan kasi parang hirap mag-crank pag start agad. I dont know advantages of starting right away and delaying it. others.. pls enlighten. thanks.
    carb or fuel-injected ba yung sa iyo?

no problem with starting with our 323 until now.

===

btw, sa manual ng 323 - nakalagay dun na dapat naka depress ang clutch while starting?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yung sa honda lxi paano istart minsan di ako makastart diretso

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
whats the right way to start ur car?