New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    what would cause the door handle inside the car to rattle? and how to remedy it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah loose screw? or the foam that separates the linkage.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Could also be that the steel rods (linkages) have gotten free from their plastic clips. Some foam (or a new clip) will remedy this.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    maybe because of wear n' tear, how old is ur car?,,looks for the screws and tight it, sometimes there is a little plastic cover u need to remove to see the screws.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    After I had my lock repaired at the driver's door, nagkaroon na ng rattle. I have it checked up when I have time. Normally, rattles are caused by loose screws.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah baka pagkakasauli ng handles or some parts inside (if not the handle) was not fastened properly.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Yep, most probably some loose screws. Baka kasi hindi yung talagang screws ang ibinalik nung pinagawa. To check, use your screwdriver and try to remove the screws. If there is no resitance, mali yung screws na binalik. Kung mayron namang resitance pero nag-rattle pa rin then yung ginamit nilang screws eh iba ang sukat nug thread. Ang masama dito, baka yung thread dun sa pnagkakabitan eh naiba na yung mga "ngipin" since baka na-pwersea na nung screws na kinabit.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    thanks for the prompt response.
    consensus seems to be loose screw.
    if i am unable to fix this, where would you recommend na paayos ito?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    btw, cars are 2 and 5 yrs old (patrol and cefiro). both have rattles at rear passenger side.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dx8976
    thanks for the prompt response.
    consensus seems to be loose screw.
    if i am unable to fix this, where would you recommend na paayos ito?
    Kaya mo yan. Kung dehins, any good enough mechanic would do.

Anyways, you can do this test: remove the handles then drive around your village or street. Kung may nagra-rattle pa, dehins screws yan: malamang ang problem nyan eh yung sinabi ni Boss Otep.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
what would cause the door handle inside car to rattle?