New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    quick question:

ano ang masisira or mangyayari when you drive with a flat tire? hirap kasi mapansin if you're already running on flat. kanina, it took me around 5-10kms siguro before i noticed na flat pala yung isang gulong ko sa likod. it was ok when i left the house. pero around abad santos, i noticed na parang di pantay and medyo unresponsive ang car. so bumaba ako to check. flat nga. i'm suspecting sa may tullahan bridge along mcarthur highway natusok. open na ang two lanes sa traffic but there's still some rough road leading towards the bridge.

thanks thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, your sidewalls can get damaged when you do that and can lead to premature tire failure (more so for low-profile tires).

With a lower air pressure inside your tires, it heats up quicker and the weight of the vehicle is magnified greatly.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks mazdamazda. but i was thinking not of the rubber. other stuff like the suspension or the rims. di ko naman hinataw after the bridge kasi there was really no chance to do that. probably fastest you can drive was around 40kph.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ummm... it defines how you define a "flat".

Flat as in 0-10psi?

Or 11-20psi?

For the suspension, I don't think that there would a problem. For your rims, if it encountered a large pothole or something you can crack it.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The rear suspension on a front-drive compact won't take much punishment from that. There's so little weight on those rear tires that it often takes a long time to find out that you have a flat... (as you've just experienced).

Problems would arise if you hit a pothole with that flat. You would bend the rim, at least. At the worst, you would have a busted suspension bushing or wheel bearing.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    early this year nasabugan ako sa likod habang nasa highway. pagsabog, kinaladkad ko tatlong lane papunta sa kanan, sabog ang goma pero wala naman nasira kahit rim. (rwd, 4000+lbs, 18inch rims). inis din ako kasi lagi ko iniinspect gulong kada gas.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    well, i just have to inspect the rims later tonight. the suspension seems ok naman when i was already driving with the spare.

di naman flat na 0psi talaga. more than 20psi pa naman siguro, but just by casual visual inspection alam mo na flat. di pa naman sumasayad yung rims sa kalsada. there's still enough air. and i'm sure i didn't encounter any deep potholes hehe. maybe mga small ones lang.

thanks mazdamazda and niky

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    usually flat tire ndi naman nakaksira ng suspension unless na as in 0 psi flat masisira yung shocks and ball joint mo ... but minor flat like that ... i think yung tire lang ang masisira and rim

what happens when you drive with a flat?