New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    irmscher,
    I used to drive a car. And it idled while submerged quite well, too. And some SUV's have cats na din (Expeditions, Tahoes, Troopers) that get submerged in floods.

I think this has some relation to the myth that alternators don't work underwater. :mrgreen:

I, too have had a slipping clutch during my early driving years because of doing the half-clutch thing. Buti na lang natuyo. hehehe. Tuloy ang ligaya namin ni Besta ko. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Ungas, OTEP:

No, I have absolutely no doubts that it can be done w/o having to overrev the engine. You're correct, it's the driver's choice. However, if the objective is to traverse a flooded area with the least likelihood of stalling the engine, I'll go with overreving any day. I've done this several times, twice being the water was as high as more than 3/4 of the wheel. Got through without any significant damage, except for noisy brakes. I've never cracked a flywheel or damaged the clutch this way.

Bottom line, if you don't have to cross the flooded area, just avoid doing so and find an alternate route.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    depende kung gano kahaba and kalalim yung lulusungin mo. in your case, 5 meters nga lang pero hanggang tuhod naman, which means, entire wheel mo lubog. in your given case too, mas maganda nang pababain yung tubig muna o if you can't help it, patayin mo na lang yung engine at itulak.

kung medyo mababa naman yung tubig, let's say kalahati ng gulong. should go through the water slowly, on first gear and on high rev. dapat patay aircon.

sa makina, kung mababaw lang naman tubig, alang dapat ipa check. kung naka matik ka, you need to change your AT fluid. kung kaya pa, ipa change oil mo na rin.

pag-ahon mo in both cases (ke mababaw o malalim), mawawalan ka talaga ng brakes. drive slowly habang inaapakapakan yung brakes, in this way matuyo yung loob ng brake mechanism. pag umaraw-araw na, pwede mo na ring ipalinis yung brakes. pero pwede mong i-reschedule ito kung alam mong tagulan pa. pagdating na lang ng christmas mo ipalinis.

hope this helps.

AGREE!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much po pa underwash? pa shampoo ako ng car bukas e. gusto ko din pa underwash muna b4 shampoo. pwede ba yun? 400 yung pag shampoo... mahal ba yun?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    pa underwash kayo after dumaan sa baha para ndi kalawangin ang mga parts nyo...

buti walang baha dito sa min..

up ko lang ito OLD thread kasi tag ulan nanaman.. :peace:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    4 years na patay yung thread binuhay mo ulit. hehe!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ano masmaganda, underwash or undercoat? di pwede pareho kasi mawawala lang yun undercoat kapag laging nagpapa underwash ba

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Properly applied undercoat will not just peel off during an underwash.

Of course, the underwash has to be properly done too. Not too much pressure. Just enough to remove caked on dirt and other debris.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WHAT TO DO PAG NABAHA?