New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Heretic Guest
    Okay, my sister wanted me to ask you guys some weird questions.

She wants to improve the looks of her Altis' tailpipe into one of those round, silver thingies that you'd often see on Hondas. Not only that, she also wants her Altis to sound deep whenever revving high, but, she doesn't want that loud "racing" sound that the aforementioned Hondas create.

Is there such a "thing" that would give her a deep and yet silenced, non-racing sound?

Would such change/s be detrimental to her car's performance?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    JASMA muffler?
    the deep sound at high revs comes at a price, which is noise. no getting around that. but a proper JASMA-spec muffler will give you more of the nice sound, with less noise than cheap rice local big-bore mufflers.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, it does cost you some dinero. when i had my civic i looked long and far for a quiet exhaust that gave you decent hp gain, looked good and was as quiet as possible. i too wanted to distance myself from the "siento-beinte" crowd (sounds like you're doing siento, but you're really running beinte :bwahaha: ) and didn't want the annoying farting sound following me around everyday.

the quietest sounding systems (all cat-back) that i found were Mugen, Trust and HKS. i also heard that as far as Toyota, TRD was pretty quiet also. i eventually bought the Trust exhaust for 600 USD so that might give you an idea of how much these units are.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or just get a muffler tip and install an aftermarket air intake. you'll only hear that engine growl at the higher rpms.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or, you can you a power flow muff. ganyan yung dating nasa pizza ko eh. its quite silent at small revs or during idling, but it growls at around 3.5k (rpm). unfortunately, nagsawa rin ako, so i reverted back to the stock quiet muffs.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    alam mo mga 6000 "lang" ang surplus JASMA muffler sa mga places in banawe. so far less than USD 600.

Weird questions on muffler/tailpipe