New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    As for the thermostat, it is only adviasable if you're living in cold countries, d2 sa pinas since mainit naman lagi, we sometimes remove it na. There's a possibility that it might get stuck since spring operation lang yan and lagi pang nakababad sa water. When the water temp goes up on a certain temp, the spring pulls back and opens the valve thereby allowing the water to circulate into the radiator.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thats a myth... and its totally untrue... a car needs thermostat to regulate the engines temperature... hes responsible for openning n shutting the water ways. if u take away the thermostat ull consume more fuel coz the computer will sense a drop in temperature from the temp sensor it will dump more fuel to the combustion chamber causing u to have black smoke. and ull fail emission.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I think the thermostat discussion was done several times already here. Its there for a good reason. Mga tabi tabi mekaniko ang nagpasimuno niyan urban legend.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...threadid=13090

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...threadid=10440

In short let us correct this urban legend that thermostat is for cold countries. The real truth is most of the mechanics in our hot country is educted by pass on knowledge by mouth.
    Last edited by jkyamog; August 7th, 2004 at 03:26 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mga pare, Ive learned a lot of things about an engines ccoling system. One possible reason why my radiator fan starts at higher temp than before maybe because the thermostatic switch at the bottom of the radiator is busted.

But draining the radiator and having it cleaned worked perfectly. so, I didnt have to change any parts, and my cars back to normal again.

Kaya mga pare, salamat sa inyo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Well, i've removed the thermostat of my cars b4, From my corollas to Pajero to Patrol, so far there were no smoke... tama sa er1c, we don't use coolant na din pero everyweek we change the water in our radiators para fresh again. I even suggest you leave your engine running while you change the water para all rusts or residue buildup inside maalis with the pressure...

dudrpre::: you're ion new york, you need it. Here sa pinas it's not.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sync3

walang kinalaman ang climate ng isang country kung pwede tanggalin ang thermostat.
    every car needs it.

a car needs to maintain a certain temperature in the combustion chamber which is 2500 degrees farenheit. u go above 2500 u create NOx u go below that u create HC

remember all cars now have sensors and all car now are computer controlled. a thermostat is a sensor which use pressure as its switch.

dapat di ka natutuyuan ng tubig sa reservoir. as u said it u always put water every week.

the reason why u run ur engine while putting water is because ur burping the system. ur taking away the air inside ur cooling system.

one final word... do u think a civic in japan or in the states or in the philippines are not the same?

nagkakaiba lang sila sa emission systems but overall engine specs they are the same.

a 1.6 vtec engine in the states is the same there in manila.

kung di pareho yan... ang sosyal naman ng pilipinas special edition ang makina.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Cars will still work with some parts removed, yet not efficiently and properly. Kaya nga most tabi tabi mechanics don't put the vacuum hoses back. Will the car work? Yes it will. Will it work properly? Please kindly read the threads that I have given.

Sana we can correct this misinformation. Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Water pump condition....How to check if its still working?