New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hey guys,

I can't really search for this problem in the forums so I might as well ask again. I have a 97' VTi Accord and every time I hit the break, slowdown and just when I'm about to stop completely I hear this "TOK" sound coming from the front of the car. This sound only comes out if I used the car for more than 45 minutes, so I guess it's related to the car getting really warmed up. So far I got my some parts changed/checked in my suspension system like stab link, shocks, rack end, and upper/lower arms and they all seem to check out, meaning all the rubber parts are ok and have no sign or wear and tear. Could the pros of the industry give me some advice as to what other problems I have in my suspension?

thanks a bunch

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi po ako pro pero did you check your engine supports? how about the fender's nuts and bolts? medyo far fetch pero give it a look.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MadoX View Post
    Hey guys,

I can't really search for this problem in the forums so I might as well ask again. I have a 97' VTi Accord and every time I hit the break, slowdown and just when I'm about to stop completely I hear this "TOK" sound coming from the front of the car. This sound only comes out if I used the car for more than 45 minutes, so I guess it's related to the car getting really warmed up. So far I got my some parts changed/checked in my suspension system like stab link, shocks, rack end, and upper/lower arms and they all seem to check out, meaning all the rubber parts are ok and have no sign or wear and tear. Could the pros of the industry give me some advice as to what other problems I have in my suspension?

thanks a bunch
    Check your brake pads, calipers, and related items nearby. For me, pad replacement was necessary. Replace your retaining pin/clips with new ones para safe.

Worn rubber parts would give a squishy sound, like rubbing between the parts. How is the ball joint?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    you sure its "tek" not "tok" j/k.Anyway, its hard to diagnose it on the net you really need to see it on person to diagnose it properly.Bring it to reputable mechanic.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Have your brakes checked-up. I experienced that "tok" sound before. When the front left brake was checked, there was a loose bolt.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Have your brakes cleaned. I had done that when I experienced the same problem and it was gone.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    most probably loose caliper bolts

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Na experience ko yan sa Lancer ko before... I'm hearing that "tok" sound but I just ignored it for a week yata... then minsan ginamit ko siya ulit nawalan ako ng brake... buti na lang di ako masyado mabilis at walang car sa harap ko kung hindi lagot! I'm sure po brake yung problem ng car nyo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    thanks for the info guys, i had my brakes checked out and everything was ok and so was the tire rod. I had my rack end replaced coz the rubber was worn out. right now I'm thinking of the strut bar rubber might need replacement as well.

actually the sound doesnt come from brakes it self (but I will tripple check again) it seems like the sound it coming from one of the suspension supports. the sound isn't there every time i hit the brakes sometimes im just at a stop light and when the a/c compressor turns on I hear that "tok" sound again.

"TOK" sound when I hit the breaks