New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    So hindi pala advisable mga rain repellant?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    There are some rain repellents that contain denatured alcohol as one of their ingredients. I'm no expert on materials chemistry but I've heard alcohol and rubber usually don't get along well together.

I've experienced the uneven effect of one rain repellent, where it leaves uneven patches of dry and wet windshield on every stroke of the wipers. The effect is a hazy windshield with inconsistent clarity. Needless to say, this was a headache to drive with.

If you're going to use a rain repellent, look for one that's alcohol-free.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    sarap tumambay d2 wow..dame ko matutunan

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tibo_3rd View Post
    +1 kay Type 100 sa paglinis ng windshield.

always clean your windshield with soap or glass cleaner, this will reduce the jumping/judder/shudder/skipping of the wiper. don't put autogard rain repellant or rainx on the front windshield, it adds to the jumping/skipping.

only apply rain repellant on your rear windshield and windows.

also wash the rubber of the wipers with some soap to reduce the grime and soot that has accumulated on both the wiper and glass. i use a sponge when i clean the wipers. notice that when you wipe the rubber with a cloth, the cloth has a black stain on it. that's the soot.
    nilinis ko na po yung windshield ko. hindi parin po nawawala. matagal ko na rin na ginagamit yung wipers.

Glass detailing na po ba ng Big Bert's ang solution?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you apply rain repellant on the windshield, it will also stick to the wipers. Clean both the windshield and the wiper blades.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ^
    hindi po ako naglagay ng rain repellant sa windshield.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Try nyo maglagay ng car wax sa windshield. Nilagyan ko ng turtle wax yung sa akin at nawala yung wiper skipping ng halos 2 weeks. Yun lang ata ang durability ng car wax. Kaya every 2 weeks ako naglalagay.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Bumili ako kanina ng wiper blade refill. 65 petos lang ang 2 24" na blades. Nakakahinayang bumili ng bago taopos after summer, pangit na.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    may nagsabi nga sa ibang thread na ok maglagay ng wax sa glass para matanggal nga water marks or yung marks ng shampoo pag naglagay ng new tint. pero di ko pa na try mag apply ng wax sa glass ko.

pati yung nagkabit ng new front windshield ko, may ginamit na compound para maglinis ng glass. di sinabi kung ano yung compound na ginamit.

Quote Originally Posted by Joned View Post
    Try nyo maglagay ng car wax sa windshield. Nilagyan ko ng turtle wax yung sa akin at nawala yung wiper skipping ng halos 2 weeks. Yun lang ata ang durability ng car wax. Kaya every 2 weeks ako naglalagay.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya ako bumibili after summer na pag june or july para bago ang rubber pag nag rainy season na

Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    Bumili ako kanina ng wiper blade refill. 65 petos lang ang 2 24" na blades. Nakakahinayang bumili ng bago taopos after summer, pangit na.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
usapan wiper naman...