New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it takes extra effort to keep looking awake during the 1 pm chemistry lecture.

car manufacturers and tire manufacturers already put into the equation, the expected air expansion when the tire heats up with use, and air contraction during the cool-down period. we but have to follow the prescribed psi.

kaya mas gusto na namin yung mga tire manufacturers coming from Indonesia and Thailand kaysa sa China. At least it is already in their experience what is happening on their products right before their eyes especially during summer

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew_Alcindor View Post
    Mukang may umabsent sa HS chem class? That is basic gas law. Guy Lussac Law. Pressure increases as temperature increase assuming same volume (tires can expand but only up to a certain point).
    Sorry sir, wala na talaga ako matandaan sa Chemistry class ko... lol

3. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    pagover inflated ang tires suspension masira.

Sir can you please explain more, I want to learn bakit nakakasira sa suspension ang overinflated tires thank you!

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Sir can you please explain more, I want to learn bakit nakakasira sa suspension ang overinflated tires thank you!

eto nalang bro

What Happens if I Overinflate My Tires? overinflation tir...

When the tire is overly-inflated the sidewalls become harder, and instead of absorbing the road bumps and shocks, they are transferred straight through to the vehicle’s suspension. This can result in a harsher ride, as well as increased road noise from the tires. In severe cases, when dealing with older or severely overinflated tires, the tire’s sidewall may even be put at risk to blowing out due to the increased pressure.

5. Join Date
    May 2017

Thanks ninjababez!

So harder tires transfer additional stress of hitting road bumps more often to the suspension, aside from having a bouncy road travel.
    During floods and rainy season din pala, not advisable to have overinflated tires as there would be less grip with the ground.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Thanks ninjababez!

So harder tires transfer additional stress of hitting road bumps more often to the suspension, aside from having a bouncy road travel.
    During floods and rainy season din pala, not advisable to have overinflated tires as there would be less grip with the ground.
    These are cases where the over inflation is tooooo much. going over 2-4 psi shouldn't be adverse.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Hey, Chris aka "TireWhisperer here,

I wouldn't "do tires" any other way than with my own gear.

Most producers of products are good to great at what they specialize in:

Car makers: Cars, SUVs, light trucks.

Tire accessory makers: Gauges, pumps, tread-depth readers etc.

I would rely on a dashboard tire pressure readout strictly as a backup resource, but rely first on a good gauge to get tire pressures where they need to be.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Hi ninja,

I chose my handle for good reason: Back in the states my hands are tied trying to dismantle myths regarding tire care.

And one of them is overinflation! Americans can't seem to get enough air in their tires. Many of my fellow Yanks insist on keeping tires pressurized to the maximum load pressure molded into the sidewall, and consider the vehicle spec pressures "too low", and "mushy" by comparison.

I tell them, try running 45-50 psi on a Tacoma or Hilux equivalent on rainy mountain roads where my wife's family lives in Benguet, and see how far they get.

But hey, it's their ride, and "none of my biz".

I'm in regular contact with, of all people, a re'tire'd(!) engineer for the U.S. branch of Continental Tire Co. I studied his website, and paid attention to what he taught me in our e-mail correspondence. He is a treasured car care resource.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TireWhisperer23 View Post
    I would rely on a dashboard tire pressure readout strictly as a backup resource, but rely first on a good gauge to get tire pressures where they need to be.
    That is true if you don't have a baseline. However, once you have made a determination that the onboard TPMS and an independent tire gauge matches up their readings, it's then safe to assume that the TPMS readouts would be accurate and trustworthy.

My Accutire MS-4021B matches the TPMS readouts down to around 0.5 PSI.
    Last edited by oj88; December 28th, 2023 at 05:16 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789