New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Price/Performance, it would be more worth it to get a Simota...

I was just joking about the 0.01 psi!... the problem is, the fan may actually push positive pressure into the engine at idle, making it FEEL more responsive, but past idle, it will be the vacuum turning the fan, NOT the electric motor... so in effect, the fan will be a DRAG on power at any engine speeds higher than idle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    I dont believe that turbonator thing! Better get the real SUPER CHARGER.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    kapag ganyan lang kababa ang pressure aksaya lang. pupuwede kong i mount sa dashboard ko nakatapat sa akin at least ako ang presko.

I prefer ramflow, parang ibudo sya naka tututok sa intake mo. kapag 100km/h ang takbo you get about 3psi with out moving parts.

katulad ng croydon left lights.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    let's try an experiment. get an electric fan (yes, your old "bentilador"), put it in front of a cardboard box big enough to cover the fan diamenter. seal off the space between the fan guards and the box with duct tape. now get a 2 meter long transparent plastic hose, fill 3/4 of it with water then connect 1 end to a hole on the box with tape. let the hose hang so that it is in the shape of a "U". that is your U-tube manometer.

now run the fan. take note of the difference in water level in the U-tube. convert that from inches water to psi. (32 ft water = 14.7 psi)

now check the fan from your computer. compare the size with your bentilador and you will get an idea what that little fan can do if tested the same way.

0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000001 psi i think is a near enough estimate for that turbonator!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I think the turbonator doesn't even move. It's supposed to make the incoming air spin by just going through the curved blades. What good would that do? Hehe.

The Turbonator™ is a non-moving vortex generator that goes inside your air intake hose, right after your air filter.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by the_wildthing
    I think the turbonator doesn't even move. It's supposed to make the incoming air spin by just going through the curved blades. What good would that do? Hehe.
    The "turbonator" device is supposed to create a tornado effect to the air passing thru it. This "rotating air" then mixes with the fuel better than if the air was flowing straight giving better combustion. That's the theory anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Turbonator... :)