New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    Pwede i-turbo but don't skimp on the job and the installer, expect to pay around 80K-100K (or more). You can try asking shops with turbo install experience like ERL and Fusion R amongst some. You can use surplus parts (turbine, etc) and have the piping and exhaust manifold fabricated. You'll also have to check on how capable the stock injection pump is to take on the added fuel requirements of boost.

The OEM TD42 turbo engine has different tranny right?
    It has the same tranny. But it has the more heavy duty clutchdisk and pressure plate to take the additional 50% hp and torque.

The tranny could even take the power of a gasoline 5.7 liter V8 as some patrols in australia do when they upgrade for more power.

http://www.marks4wd.com/nisgqe.html

But TD42 patrol manual trannys sucks big time in refinement and drivability.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    my GQ has a turbo, it was installed by the previous owner when I bought it inclusive sya plus iyong mga parts na inalis sa kanya pra mainstall ang turbo.

Like Larry im still learning more about my rig. Pagka me EB kasi ang NPCP laging sablay sa bakasyon ko kaya di ako maksama. I wanted to meet them and Im sure marami akong malalaman about our rigs.
    Last edited by qman; January 18th, 2006 at 01:47 AM.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    *oknamlarry

ikaw ba yung i ime meet namin ni mintoy sa Total gas station sa feb 4? See you bro! Let's check your patrol

*qman

Me trail tayo NPCP sa highpeaks,zambales sa feb 4....sana makasama ka this time

subukan natin lakas ng 150hp 350nm TD42T mo, pa drive ha? inggit ako hehehe

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sayang protrek sablay uli eh hehehe asa middle east ako mid feb pa uwi ko next time na lang.

honestly i don't feel the boost sa rig ko hehehe maybe because this is the first time to own a GQ mag wa one year palang sya sakin eh and I never get the chance to drive it a lot pag nauwi lang ako di ko pa sya madalas gamitin.

Sure protrek pag nakasama ko sa EB let everyone drive it and ask for their comments.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PROTREK
    It has the same tranny. But it has the more heavy duty clutchdisk and pressure plate to take the additional 50% hp and torque.

The tranny could even take the power of a gasoline 5.7 liter V8 as some patrols in australia do when they upgrade for more power.

http://www.marks4wd.com/nisgqe.html

But TD42 patrol manual trannys sucks big time in refinement and drivability.
    OIC. I do think the upgraded clutch is important as this may cause problems later on... i remember the LC80 has been plagued with weak clutches due to the amount of torque the 4.2 TD engine belts on it.

You can try checking out FusionR on E. Rod (kay AutoXer/Ferman), or ERL Motorworx near Mariposa/ Benitez St. They can give you some pretty good inputs on building a turbo kit for the rig (do's and don'ts, how much boost can a stock TD42 take, budget, etc.) so this can guide you on your project. They may charge more then what other shops may offer but the feedback i used to get from other peeps who had a cheaper turbo job elsewhere then brought it to sila Ferman for re-work said it's worth the additional cost (you might even end up spending more with a cheap job thats miffed).

Take the time to research and when you find the installer of choice, collect the needed parts before having it installed so you can save on the downtime for your ride.

You can also send Speedyfix/Migs a PM as he may be able to help out also. ;)

Just a thought, wouldnt the turbo TD42 make it a bit more harder to drive (modulate?) off-road due to the power surge at a certain RPM, once the turbo kicks in?

How much right now is the Aussie turbo kit?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    vinj,

Thanks again. Will check out the shops you mentioned. You will help me save time if you could give me their contact numbers, if you know. Am really not aware of the after-effects of a turbo that is why I am asking around.

Protrek,

Mismo. Tayo yong mag-meet sa TOTAL sa Feb. 4. See you there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
turbo question