New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Does your turbo leak this? Mine does (isuzu fuego)! Anyone here having the same problem? If yes, what have you done about it?

I inquired about turbo servicing and repair kit price is just unbelievable! would appreciate any suggestions...

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    where is the leak comming from? repair kits of turbines have outrageous prices. you might be better off buying a new unit.

if you will be overhauling the turbine be sure the shop has a high speed balanced for the impeller.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i used to think it came from those blowby oil that pass through the breather hose and then the intake but after putting an oil catch (which is doing its job), i still get the same problem...someone said it could be a leak in the diaphragm (where is this?)

anyways...im more inclined to leaving it alone until it dies, i guess that won't be any time soon as I've seen other isuzus do this in another forum.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    do you practice cool down period? usually may mga konting leakage yan, unless na you always add oil na then it might be time to have it fixed.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    yes i do practice the cool down method...is 2-3 mins enough after running at around 20-25kph inside the subd. with humps (another 3-5 mins of this).

no, i don't add oil...but i do consume about a liter for every 5k kms. just before my next oil change.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    1 liter every 5k is big for a engine that has 5+ liters of capacity. pa check mo might be passing from the oil feed to the turbo. mileage mo? i have 140k same engine without oil consumption.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix
    if you will be overhauling the turbine be sure the shop has a high speed balanced for the impeller.
    why? balanced na yung turbine and impeller, no need. unless you damage these during the overhaul then there is absolutely no need to do another balancing. if it is damaged then replace, easier and cheaper. smaller turbines have bigger tolerances pa nga e since the diameters (and hence moment arm) are small. i overhaul turbos a lot bigger than what you have in your vehicles and i never needed to rebalance. bearing bushing, thrust bearing and seals replacement lang naman ang involed dyan. kaya lang kayo tinataga ng mga shops kasi alam nila di nyo alam gawin. but once you've read the manual it's as easy as changing your flat tyre.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    most of the time kapag napabayaan yung turbine na leaking or malaki na yung play, there is wear of the impeller shaft and other areas. best bet would be to have it checked before reinstalling it. wala naman bayad kung di kelangan pagawa yung balancing. we have most of ours done by precision to be sure since they can check for play.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    vw precision? sa kanila nga ako nag inquire... yup...speedyfix, masasabi nyo na ba kung ano ang sira or do you still have to bring it to them even just for checking?

sir yebo...baka pwede ikaw nalang mag service ng turbo ko???
    mag kano ba ang singil mo?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    *ARB: yung 1 liter eh that was only once or 2x after using it for highway driving...but normal city driving, no need to add...although im going towards that direction naren as the engine has done 194k kms already...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Turbo Leak