New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can rekey the locks on your car. it's not extremely difficult, and i've seen lock rekeying kits available for sale on the internet. same concept as rekeying your house doors.

ewan ko lang kung chip-based yung car security system mo...most likely it is possible but much more expensive...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pinapalit sa honda, toyota rav4 ako pero kakilala namin yun manager sa honda so dun namin paayos, i think they will change the locks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    pinapalit sa honda, toyota rav4 ako pero kakilala namin yun manager sa honda so dun namin paayos, i think they will change the locks
    How about the ignition?

And magiging Honda na yung keys mo?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    tey mo sa LOM key sa greenhills tapat ng V-mall. baka kaya i re-key. ako sa banawe ko pinagawa yung hi ace ko na second hand, isang key lang kasi binigay nawala na daw so re-key lang katapat, binago yung mga tumbler sa loob ng lock, 2000 ata for 4 doors and the ignition kasama 3 keys.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    boybi - toyota cabanatuan gumagawa, thru honda tarlac lang

implulzz - kahit daw casa di daw makakayang gumawa ng duplicate, tsaka kelangan ko din talaga palitan ang locks kasi me nakakuha ng susi, kasi kung di ko palitan locks at duplicate lang pwede pa ding mabuksan kotse ko using the stolen key.

problema ko ngayon...

anlaki ng charge nila for that key, they will change the LOCKS 37k, ECU 44k, transponser they will need two of it daw 15k, plus labor all in all its almost 100k just for the key!!!!

2nd dilemma bakit antagal na di pa nagagawa ng toyota? nasa kanila na ang parts pero up to now di pa nila matapos tapos.

3rd dilemma bakit ayaw sagutin ng insurance? e part of the car din naman yun susi e, tsaka pwede kong pa carnap yun kotse ko at palitan ng bago comprehensive naman insurance ko e.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    have it changed by na. lalo na kung hindi ikaw ang nawala.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    having it changed din even if insurance will not shoulder the fee, and if they didnt shoulder the fee boycott standard insurance, ill give my rants after i get a answer, well and good if they shoulder the fee if not they will hear some "good" words from me=)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO - hindi chargeable sa insurance ang lost keys or to replace the entire lock system since it is not technically a "damage" to the vehicle.

and yes... the keys of the Rav4 cannot be duplicated since it is laser cut and the lock has a very low error tolerance.

talagang matagal gumawa ang casa... that's why I don't patronize them anymore. yung simpleng oil change lang nga eh takes half a day.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks mazdamazda, pero ang charge to replace the locks and keys is getting higher, heres the reason i told the insurance company, if i didnt replace my keys and lock, it would like im wanting to get my car carnap, tipong pinamigay ko na lang, kasi the stolen key was with the theif, all they have to do is wait for my car and presto isang bukas lang, no sweat

2nd scenario, if i changed my door locks and still use the old key to start the engine, the theif could crash the window and ride the car away, thief now a days are not that stupid, i am saving the insurance company in paying more damage if the car is to be stolen.

the insurance company told me that this is their first case, same as with toyota, they havent encountered such problem before and the technician are having difficult time, hmmm they should at least know how because my car is already with them for more than a month, bopols ata technician e...

i am trying to get feedback and update yet they cant give me a definite answer yet...they are somehow insisting for me to get a new car instead...crap i love my car

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, let's just hope that they do consider your case. This is the first time that I've heard of this (though this confirmed my belief that the Rav4 is carnap resistant as you even need to change the ECU without the original keys) and I'm just stating a very conservative outlook for it (since that's the way most insurance companies work).

You had your car with them for a month already? Wow... talk about BAD service.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
tulong nawalang susi