New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Tanong ko lang for folks who service their Toyotas at Shaw. I recently moved (formerly having service sa Toyota Commonwealth), and now am closer to Shaw branch. Any feedback on their service - good or bad? Any watch-outs I need to do if I go there? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 03:05 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If your vehicle is off-warranty already, I'd rather have it serviced at a non-dealer facility (e.g. Speedyfix in Santolan). Faster, cheaper, and the technicians are more supervised.

Yes, I've heard horror stories about Toyota Shaw before.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    one major headache of toyota shaw is the long wait to get your car serviced.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Otep, ghosthunter, thanks for the inputs/feedback. No positive feedback pa so far for Toyota Shaw, ah. Due na kasi for PM one of our rides, so will give Toyota Shaw a try. Here's hoping na hindi naman horror story ang ma-experience namin.
    Last edited by Autobeat; February 20th, 2006 at 03:01 PM.

hi all!

can someone say something positive about toyota shaw's service? my friend needs the reassurance.

she's having her RAV4-SV serviced there (it's the 2003 model, bought sometime in april of 2004). shortly after milenyo, her car refused to start. lights, wiper etc are ok, but engine didn't start. due to proximity, she brought the car to toyota shaw. it's been about 4 days now, and they haven't figured out what's wrong with it. they've eliminated the battery and whatever else, but have no clue. now, they're saying it's some computer thing in the car and they need a working RAV4 to verify if their theory is correct! and they don't have one.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    actually we have been a loyal customer of Toyota Shaw for 13 years already. we had our ae92, ae101 and ae111 serviced there. We bought our ae111 there too. Kakilala namin yung isang service advisor dun. Ok service nila. Kahit taga san andres manila kami, dinadayo pa namin yun kahit mas malapit ang Toyota Otis and Toyota Makati samin. I like their after service support. PAg nagpaservice kami doon, after 3 days, tinatawagan kami ng service advisor at tinatanong kung may problems.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    They need a working RAV4 for a test part. They will take out the ECU or computer from the working RAV4 and install it on your friends car. If it works then they will say they found the problem and will ask for your friends go signal to fix the car, provided parts available from factory. If it does not work, then they will try some other part like the starter or whatnot.
    Its diagnostics by trial and error.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why do they need a working RAV4? Wala ba silang diagnostic/scan tools to check the ECU for error codes? What kind of dealership is that?

Ganyan din problem ko sa Wheels E.Rod, nag-aala-Madame Auring dun sa stalling problem ng Picanto. After two visits, ganun pa din.

Dinala ko na sa FEMAC (Kia Quezon Ave.). Nilabas agad yung diagnostic computer and inayos yung problem. Dapat di na ko nagsayang ng oras dumayo ng Wheels. Mas malapit pa ang FEMAC dahil galing ako ng Caloocan (C3). Kaso sa Wheels binili yung unit kaya benefit of the doubt muna.

Sana hindi magaya ang RAV4 ng friend mo sa Chevy Venture ni mbt na mahigit isang buwan sa dealership (electronics problem din).
    Last edited by OTEP; October 5th, 2006 at 10:06 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    swertihan siguro carlo, ask kevin kung ano ginawa ng toyo-shaw sa aircon ng lite ace nila dati...

i had a bad experience with their branch sa e. rod jr. ave... tumulo yung differencial nung fx ko dati warranty pa... so pina check ko sa kanila... sabi nung SA, pa hatid na lang muna ako sa service nila sa mall kasi medyo matatagalan... ok... after 6 hours of strolling sa megamall... went back to toyota... pagdating ko dun di daw nagawa kasi gasket daw sira... schedule na lang daw 7 am para mauna sa pila the following day... next day pag balik ko sa toyota shaw - e. rod jr. the SA told me ok sir balikan mo na lang after 5 days... WHAT!!!!!!!! pina sched mo ng 7am pero 5 days gagawin ang gasket sa differencial... 5 days gagawin pwede naman kahit anong oras iwan oto... SA turns his back and talks to another customer... sobrang bastos... muntikan ko na sinapak... went to toyota cubao... pagkita pa lang ng SA sabi sir sakit ng fx yan... balikan nyo ng 5pm tapos na yan... 3pm pa lang tumawag na toyo cubao... pagdating ko dun tapos na yung pinagawa ko pati radiator na di ko napansin may tulo napalitan na din...

ganyan kadali ang mga bagong units, may diagnosis port... wala na ung hula-hula....

sana may mapuntahan akong shop na may scanner for my liteace...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Toyota Shaw - OK ba service?