New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank You sir DJ,

Celect, DDEC, PEEC concentration ko po.

Question 1) In trucks, what is a Jacobs brake system and how is different from the regular brakes?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *4JGtootsie

On the thermostat assembly I've posted, there's only one thermostat valve... Once the valve is fully open (to let water from 3 flowing), the 1 is blocked by the valve...

Thermostat closed:

Thermostat partially open: the smaller valve on the bottom blocks the 1 passage...

Same principle as the two-thermostat valve assembly you have posted, but eto isa lang...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thank You sir EssB for the clarification.

If you didn't take it out from the housing medyo hindi ko maiintindihan.

Bale po the smaller valve will never close full either partial or fully open. That is why there is no bypass line.

And the bigger valve will only open when coolant inside the engine needs cooler water from the radiator.

Tama po ba?
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; June 14th, 2007 at 10:06 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    *4JGtootsie: The smaller valve will block the 1 when the main the thermostat valve is fully open. Thus, water from radiator going to the suction line of water pump will flow freely.

...pero syempre, lalamig na naman sya pagdaan ng water from radiator, thus, the thermostat valve open or close... probably just on partially open often times.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    er, nobody is bashing, were just discussing. i only answered d_j's post because it was partly wrong. di ba sabi ko he is correct up to a point. and in fact in his later post i agree with him, an engine without thermostats driven at low loads (answering the thread starter's question if he can drive it around with no adverse effects, at low loads that is) can and may be driven as if the thermostats were there. but i will agree with it only if that condition is maintained, otherwise i would not. sorry guys but if it seemed i was bashing, i was not. it comes with the trade kasi, in my job we either do it right or we do not do it at all. when i overhaul an engine i want it to be able to give 100% power when needed, not 1 percent less. and there are times when we even run engines at 110% for a few hours! an engine without thermostats can not do that, and that is why i did not agree with d_j.

another reason why i answered as i did was that i did not want people reading this thread will come to believe that it's ok to remove the thermostat. i prefer to give tsikot people the whole picture rather than something that is "pwede na". better decisions are made if the information is more complete, agree? i can only do that if i point out d_j's post, nothing remotely personal meant there.

hey d_j, hope i did not ruffle your feathers. sometimes i can be very undiplomatic hehehe!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    my bro and I always disagrees on this. he belives in removing, while I believe thermostat should remain.

for diplomatic reason...

I told him that I will drill two 3mm holes in the thermostat. and he agrees... I found this idea in a number of articles in the web.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    Thank You sir DJ,

Celect, DDEC, PEEC concentration ko po.

Question 1) In trucks, what is a Jacobs brake system and how is different from the regular brakes?
    ..seems like this has already been answered, I'll check back regularly on your nwe thread and see what I can do to help out. The method that worked best for me was to read books and then I would consult more experienced techs/engineers on things that I don't quite get/understand.

yebo, I can totally see where you're coming from, I would explain things again but I believe that my other post clarified that already ...no worries

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Thermostat removed...help!