New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    I'm confused with thermostat - pagsira diba laging sarado w/c causes overheat? San meron compression test?

not worth it for a 1.3 engine based from opinion of others as well as those whom i already asked and tried it.
    It can be stuck open or closed. Both cause inefficiency and hence, higher fuel consumption.

Not worth for a 1.3? Well if that's what you think, you should know that little things can go a long way. If you install a new thermostat and fill up with the right coolant mixture, your fuel economy should return to normal and so does your engine temperature.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    It can be stuck open or closed. Both cause inefficiency and hence, higher fuel consumption.

Not worth for a 1.3? Well if that's what you think, you should know that little things can go a long way. If you install a new thermostat and fill up with the right coolant mixture, your fuel economy should return to normal and so does your engine temperature.
    I'll have the thermostat checked. The "not worth it" part is the IHE that was suggested. What else should i check for fuel inefficiency?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmorehp View Post
    I'll have the thermostat checked. The "not worth it" part is the IHE that was suggested. What else should i check for fuel inefficiency?

Driving habits?

I remember me and my brother had the same car (94 Corolla XEs) then and we had a trip to Baguio. We both started with full tanks of gas and by the time we arrived at our destination, I had a half tank of gas left while he still had a freakn 3/4 left! Although i had 4 passengers compared to his 3, I don't think that 1 person could account for that consumption discrepancy. All I know is that compared to him, I had a leaded right foot.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Trust us... mukhang thermostat lang yun problem mo.

As said, it can be stuck open or stuck closed. I have the same problem on my Hilander, it's stuck fully open, and it takes forever for the coolant temperature to rise.

Same with my AD Resort pickup... I suspect the previous owner removed the thermostat, and it takes forever to warm up. A cold engine makes for terrible fuel efficiency, and the pickup is a definite gas guzzler on short trips because of this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    ask ko lang kung ok pa ang clutch/tranny mo?
    baka nandyan ang diperensya sa mahinang hatak ng tsikot mo?
    Dati pero ayuz na. Stil mahina parin. Badtrip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mz5 View Post
    Driving habits?

I remember me and my brother had the same car (94 Corolla XEs) then and we had a trip to Baguio. We both started with full tanks of gas and by the time we arrived at our destination, I had a half tank of gas left while he still had a freakn 3/4 left! Although i had 4 passengers compared to his 3, I don't think that 1 person could account for that consumption discrepancy. All I know is that compared to him, I had a leaded right foot.
    Minsan ko lang gamitin pag coding. Lady driven ever since matipid 'to ngayon lang nagkanda-letse-letse. Pag ang auto hindi ikaw mismo nag-maintain masisira. Learned my lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Trust us... mukhang thermostat lang yun problem mo.

As said, it can be stuck open or stuck closed. I have the same problem on my Hilander, it's stuck fully open, and it takes forever for the coolant temperature to rise.

Same with my AD Resort pickup... I suspect the previous owner removed the thermostat, and it takes forever to warm up. A cold engine makes for terrible fuel efficiency, and the pickup is a definite gas guzzler on short trips because of this.
    I'll have it checked within the week. 1st owner kami. Hmm.. baka nga pinatangal yung thermostat.. pero lam ko hinde. Check ko nga...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Even if the orig thermostat is still there, papalitan mo na. Mura lang naman po iyon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
TAkas gas