New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Mali yung nag-diagnose, pre. Get a second opinion(or a 3rd if necessary) and Im sure they'll agree it's the CV Joint making the noise. Kahit sinong me alam na mekaniko sasabihin agad sa yo na CV Joint yun kahit hindi pa nila natignan kotse mo.

Pag synchronous ang tunog sa bilis ng ikot ng gulong, at itoy tumunog lamang kapag (1)Naka liko manibela, (2)Inapakan mo ang selenyador (CV Joint is under load from the half-shaft), CV Joint talaga yun. I cant figure out why nawala for a while ng pinalitan ang balljoint. Baka nilagyan nya ng grasa ang CV Joint at pinalitan ang CV boot na sira, but that's probably unlikely because he would have charged you for the replacement CV Boot and the CV Joint grease. Minsan din na-redistributed yung natira na grasa sa loob ng CV boot kayat nag-quiet tuloy for a while.

I must be honest though na yung nawala ang tunog pag na-angat at one time ang kotse is consistent with balljoint noise. However, more of the symptoms you described point to CV Joint noise.
    Last edited by ebbfolls; April 26th, 2004 at 09:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks, ill have this check again. any recommended shop?

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Hmmm... It could be the CV Joint but...

I dont know what the application of your car is, but... some cars have "equal length system" and "unequal lenght system" of drive shats from the transmission.
    If yoiu have the "equal length system" youll have an Intermediate shaft with a "Cardan joint" (kinda like a Universal Joint)... which could also be worn and make noise (Just one of my guesses)

Also...

It could be your steering system! (Another one of my guesses)

What kind of power steering system do you have? Is it "rack and pinion"?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    check mo yung power steering reservoir mo kung merong laman.

pero i place my bet with CV.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
tak-tak-tak when turning left